Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Instant coffee heathen
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah yeah, I know.

Anyway, I’m off to Sainsburys in a bit (weekly shop) and need some new instant coffee. I’ve been drinking Kenco Columbian recently, but i was wondering if there is anything else I should try.

Nothing too strong, probably around a 3, which the Columbian is.

Cheers.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Get out.

Mellow birds?

piemonster

That Cart Noir stuff

piemonster

And yeh, get out!

scotroutes

Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Nescafe Azera Americano is worth a try–it’s on offer in Sainsburys at the moment, £2.50 for 100g

keefmac

sainsburys own gold roast instant, pretty good for instant stuff.

slowoldman

sainsburys own gold roast instant, pretty good for instant stuff.

Sainsbury’s Rich Roast is the only instant I’ve been able to stomach for years. Cheaper than the other stuff too. But… after years of being an instant coffee addict, I stopped going to Sainsbury’s and stopped buying instant coffee. I now drink tea or “proper” coffee (as my mum would have it).

Jamz
    Free Member

The only instant coffee that I have ever found to be remotely palatable is Clipper Organic stuff like this:

Clipper coffee

It’s actually bloody brilliant when all things are taken into consideration (coming from someone who owns the tools to make coffee 4 different ways). Just make sure you experiment with different temps of water to get the best brew.

I usually get it in Waitrose but I suppose if the Sainsburys in large enough they might sell it too.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Aren’t those one cup drip things near enough instant for you? That’s what I used when I had to stay in a house with limited kitchenware.

piemonster

I was actually quite pleased with one of those coffee bag things. Not instant, but no more needed than with a cup of Tea!

craigxxl
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence

+1

mikey74
    Free Member

Ended up going with Huckleberry’s suggestion of the Nescafe Azera as it was on offer. We’ll see tomorrow morning 😀

fubar
    Free Member

Too late for this time but I’d recommend trying Percol instant coffee (Colombian is my usual). I used to flit from one intstant to another just buying whatever was on offer but now I have Percol on repeat ‘subscribe & save’ order with Amazon so I don’t have to go hunting for it.

butcher

Before I became a coffee snob I found Percol the best.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Instant coffee heathen’ is closed to new replies.