Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Installing a reverb…
  • redddraggon
    Free Member

I’m likely going to need to cut the hose – do I need a special tool? (I’ve never cut hydraulic hose before).

As I’m going to be shortening the hose, should I be buying a bleed kit too?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Stanley knife will cut it fine, or a gear outer cable cutter. I’ve used both and dead easy.

You shouldn’t need to bleed it if you’re careful. Don’t squeeze the lever whatever you do and keep the remaining hose after cutting, upright to not drip any fluid.

I’ve done two Reverbs now and neither needed bleeding. They’re not under the same pressure as brakes.

Note that it’s mineral oil in the Reverb, *not* DOT fluid as in the Avid brakes.

p.s. In guides and videos you may see them talking of cutting the hose to get at the barb. If your Reverb is relatively new (last couple of years), it will likely be a screw thread barb, so you just unscrew the lever from it and screw it back on. Ensure the ‘speed’ collar is wound out to full slow before removing the lever from the hose.

[video]http://youtu.be/f8bazebwEU4[/video]

redddraggon
    Free Member

Thanks, I feel more confident now

redddraggon
    Free Member

So my reverb came yesterday, and it actually came with a bleed kit in full retail packaging, for the £170 I paid from CRC I was expecting an OEM item!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Its really easy, just watch the video step by step. Double/triple check that when you turn the bars FULLY that you leave enough slack.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Installing a reverb…’ is closed to new replies.