Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • install complete central heating system, how much?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

We have an old system; boiler, rads, hot water tank, pump, motorized valves etc.
    Whilst the old boiler works without fault the main pump and motorized valves have almost packed up (pump and valves in airing cupboard) The old rads are pretty shonky as well and one just popped a leak.

a) replace entire system with new one.
    b) replace rads and replace motorized valves and pump

What we talking £££££?

nealglover
    Free Member

Serious lack of useful information for anyone to do anything but pick a random number and put a £ in front of it.

nealglover
    Free Member

I reckon £3792.47

matt_outandabout

How big a house, how many rads, how controllable do you want it, how easy to access floor etc.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Whatever it is, your friendly local plumber will be half the cost of British Gas doing it

project
    Free Member

Gas ,electric, bottled gas, oil, etc

number and size of rads,

Flooring type, chipboard or floorboards , ease of lifting,

size of house, rooms,

area you live in .

then add a £ sign in front.

parkesie
    Free Member

Not long done our house from scratch.

Vailant combi boiler timer stat and flu £1000
    10 rads a fancy towel rad and all the valves to match £600
    100m of copper pipe assorted joins bends clips and other consumables £700

oldgit
    Free Member

Seven rads, 4 up 3 down.
    Boiler in access cupboard under stairs.
    Hot water cylinder and valves etc in airing cupboard upstairs.
    Only require very basic control, system hardly used went on this Saturday.

Edit
    Gas fired
    Floor boards, some exposed pipework
    Bedfordshire

nickewen
    Free Member

We’ve just paid 3500 for a Worcester Bosch gas combi 29 cdi classic with 8 rads and all new pipework (plastic with copper tails) and a wireless thermostat. Took th heating engineer 8 days.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wtf was he doing for 8 days ?

Is your house the old peterhead prison ?

mulv1976
    Free Member

We’ve just had a quote for the same thing (ish).

3 bed semi detached house. 8 radiators to be replaced, 1 moved.

New combi intergas boiler, 8 new radiators, new towel rail and vertical radiator fitting (to be supplied by us) and wireless controller. Removal of old radiators, boiler, tank etc. £3750

Still to get a few other quotes yet as it’s a lot of ££ (but apparently very good quality). We are in the midlands btw.

Edit: He also quoted 3 days. Parkesie where did you manage to get rads that cheap? Are they good quality?

divenwob
    Free Member

Is your current boiler on an external wall? If not where will the flue run,drain for condense,route from gas meter to new boiler for uprated main? Controls will have to be to fitted to comply with Benchmark.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Is your current boiler on an external wall? If not where will the flue run,drain for condense,route from gas meter to new boiler for uprated main?

According to the engineer I spoke to they run the flue up through the roof.

divenwob
    Free Member

From under the stairs? Pics please. 😯

nickewen
    Free Member

Not sure why it was 8 days but fixed price so didn’t really care. House is biggish/strange layout and he removed all old pipes, rads, tanks (3 plastic feed tanks in loft for reasons I can’t fathom plus old copper vessel), etc and put in all pipework for en-suite planned for future. But I was happy with the price after getting several quotes and now he has finished I am very happy with the quality of the work. We’re up in Newcastle BTW.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why replace the pipework?

trail_rat
    Free Member

replaced the pipework at mine as the whole system was being fitted different- from an open tanked system to a pressured combi

someone with a tightass wallet installed the first system 20 odd years ago put all the rads behind doors within 6 ft radius of each other on internal walls instead of fitting it properly so that it would actually heat the house. they had also used PE pipe without inserts on the push fittings – so lucky we did or it would have popped open when we pressured up……..

So new pipes were fitted all round.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I had a conventional gas vented system (head tanks in the loft, hot water storage tank in the airing cupboard etc.) and recently had it all converted to an unvented system – so brand new boiler, re-locate boiler, replace the hot water storage tank with the unvented setup including expansion tanks etc. all with top of the range stuff, utilising existing radiators, and it cost me £3400 all in.

Radiators are quite cheap if you are replacing those, but if you’re relocating them then that will obviously add more cost.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘install complete central heating system, how much?’ is closed to new replies.