Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • inspire my Soul ! green, blue or orange ? pics please :-)
  • iainc

So after much pondering and a huge amount of help on here last few days re build list, my 5 and rock lobster will shortly morph into a new Soul. I am going with bike shop full build and have some rough costs and going in Sunday to sort the detail.

What about the colour though ? Torn between orange and duck egg blue.

Pictures of built up ones would be good 😛

yunki
    Free Member

luket

And for the duck’s eggs, see here:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/duck-egg-soul

I’ve now finished it. Eccentric rear hub, Crest rims front and back and I’ve removed the chin rest. It’s great. I’d post a picture to update that thread but then I probably ought to wash the bike to do that…

boxelder

Green if it were me.
    Sent mail about wheels you may be interested in.

iainc

Liking the blue 🙂

My 5 is orange and my Jake is green, blue would be different, although the orange Orange is going

iainc

Boxelder, saw post about wheels, a great offer, but am getting full build from shop, which brings a good package price. Thanks though

boxelder

No probs. Still green.

jamj1974

My bro is building up a new one in duck egg. Looks great!

nixie

Orange all the way 😀 (though not a soul)

iainc

Need to see some green ones 🙂

I had thought that orange with white forks would be nice, but loving the black fork pics

mattjg
    Free Member

Ian, Souls are orange and IMO white bits look tatty as soon as they’re not spotless.

vorlich
    Free Member

Blue Bars FTW. Now with sensible hoses.

Sanny
    Free Member

Before you pull the trigger, I would suggest you try my mate’s Solaris. It’s a 17.5 inch frame. The Soul isn’t going to be that much different from your Rock Lobster. Knowing the riding you do pretty well, I’d definitely test ride the wagon wheel bike first if only to confirm your choice. 😀

iainc

Sanny – good idea, will drop you a text, ta

Scamper
    Free Member

Rubbish pics

Classic Soul mark 2

Green Bfe, but gives you an idea

mattjg
    Free Member

Ian I second trying a 29er before you commit, was going to say the same on your ‘Soul as only MTB’ thread. (My answer to which would be no I’d want a 29er!).

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

blue

Houns

Duck egg with silver kit

Mmmmm

honourablegeorge

I like that green one.

I ordered the last of the black ones yesterday for a mate. The black doesn’t get enough love on here.

iainc

This 29’er Solaris chat is unnerving me…. As a short legged chap (5ft 10 and 30.5 inside leg) surely it would be too big for me ? And what is optimum fork travel for a Solaris vs the 120 of the soul ?

mattjg
    Free Member

You’re absolutely not too short for a 29er, that’s a myth from the dark ages. (I’m shorter than you). Can’t help with forks on the Solaris specifically but very roughly 20mm less travel on a 29er wheel comes out about the same. It’s not the same (because a bigger wheel is better described as damping, it’s not suspension) but it comes out in the same ballpark.

Go try some for yourself.

(A whole bunch of the defensive/agressive 26er bunch will probably pile in now. I’m not looking for that discussion myself, I’m just saying give it a try in case it works for you).

chives
    Free Member

Just for mattjq,

Ian, Souls are orange and IMO white bits look tatty as soon as they’re not spotless.

😆

[/url]

Guilty as charged your honour! If I was buying new, I’d probably get the duck egg blue, though my mates green Bfe looks good too..

mattjg
    Free Member

you made me chortle

what colour did it start with?

chives
    Free Member

Not sure what it was when it was new – a previous owner got it sprayed white by Dave Yates. It does look smart when it’s clean, honest!

mattjg
    Free Member

prove it

chives
    Free Member

If you insist! 🙂

[/url] 2013-02-15 13.34.48

mattjg
    Free Member

proved

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Green….although go for the big wheels 😉

bumps
    Free Member

Green. Black and white parts.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘inspire my Soul ! green, blue or orange ? pics please :-)’ is closed to new replies.