Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Inspire me with colours
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

Evening
    Following on from my mountain bike cruiser thingy thread,I’ve decided how its going to be built,but I’ve had a spanner thrown in the works with regards to colour scheme.
    I really liked the look of pearl copper,and I wanted this with brown big apple tyres, brown grips and a brown brooks saddle.
    Now,the powdercoaters tell me that colour is a special order and I’m looking at £250 to have it done,so that’s out.
    The place I was going to buy the tyres,grips and saddle from also said they don’t match colourwise.
    So,I’m back to square one again.
    I’ve been thinking now of baby/sky/light blue for the frame and everything else in black.
    Basically I need inspiration,so come on, lets have it 😀
    And feel free to post pics as well,I’ve no problem with copying other people 8)

Elmo
    Free Member

I do like some of the colour schemes on the charge bikes site

http://chargebikes.com/products/plug/

I have a bike i’m thinking of doing this too.

Northwind

Will they do you a candy apple red? That’d look fantastic with white bits attached, for a retro/cruiser thing.

kayak23

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

tmb467
    Free Member

Candy blue 06 enduro frame – silver headset & stem

Ano blue bars – touches of red on headset spacers and brake reservoir tops

Braided cables / hoses

Trying to sort out grips / bar end plugs to match – then want silver cranks / red spank spike pedals

Wheels will be the last – may just make do with silver hubs and red valve stems.

takisawa2

Matt black, everything Matt black.
    For the Bat-Bike look.

tmb467
    Free Member

But for a cruiser – helps if I read your post instead of telling you what I’ve done

Go retro..pastel colours. Have a look at the ral charts then check out some old retro trainer sites.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Plenty of inspiration here

houndlegs
    Free Member

Tmb467, it’s not a cruiser,it’s a mtb,which I got into my head was going to become a cruiser,but now it’s not.
    Now it’s going to stay a mtb with some new bars,grip,saddle etc and a new colour scheme.
    There’s some nice colours on here,I like the blue frame in that pic Rorschach, I also like the matt black look whenever I see it,but I’m thinking colour for this one. Like the sound of red and white too,with maybe white tyres,but then I think how long will they stay white or will they just look permanently grubby.
    Anyways,keep the ideas coming if you feel like it,I’m sure I can come up with something soon especially now the snow has hit and I’ve nothing to do but play on the web all day. 😀

houndlegs
    Free Member

Bloody hell stevenk,why’d you link me that,there’s 400 odd pages I’ve got to go through now 😆

houndlegs
    Free Member

Here’s the finished thing, ended up going with green and brown. Took it out for its first spin earlier, I must say it does make you grin riding it 🙂

How do I post an actual PIC here without going to flicker please?

st

If you like that Gulf theme check this thread out

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=165888/

tthew

too many HTTP’s at the start mainly.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Many thanks tthew, I was still busy reading the forum help and failing miserably 😀

jameso

\while on the subject of colours.. I like this. Nice cruiser job too.

hambl90
    Free Member

If your going light blue how about mixing it with orange ? Sorry no pics

houndlegs
    Free Member

Umm, I’ve already gone green 8)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me with colours’ is closed to new replies.