Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Inspire me – funky / alternaitve business cards etc.
  • geoffj

I like this stuff – http://www.reprinted.co.uk/ (thanks skidartist)

Owt else in a similar or other quirky vein which would be worth a look.

(I’m not talking about metal ones with rounded corners though 😉 )

Show us wot you got

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Is interested…)

Biz card needs to convey basic information in a small and conveniently portable form. Shaped cards can look good, as can ones printed on unusual materials such as metal (!), thin wood, clear plastic etc.

Something useful that a person will carry around with them can be good, but it’s tricky to get them looking good, as some stuff can just look tacky. Matchbox/book, ciggie lighter, pen, key fob, letter opener etc.

I was going to have some chocolates specially made once, for a launch thingy, but the client decided they were too spensive.

Important to get it right…

geoffj

(Is interested…)

I should bluddy well think so too…..

willard

You could always try for something similar to Kevin Mitnick’s card, but you might get done for going equipped if you were searched and the police found it…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I should bluddy well think so too…..

😆

Personally I think a simple, stylish card can look fantastic, but then it depends on the design of the logo etc.

Depends on who you need to give them out to; big clients with lots of money might warrant having something fancy done.

It’s about communicating the goods/services on offer. That lock-pick one above looks ‘cool’, but the idea could’ve bin done more simply, cheaply and effectively. It’s a cool idea, but actually not that great a ‘bizniz card’, imo.

iDave
    Free Member

£160 per 100 for business cards printed on an old cornflake packet…..??

ebygomm
    Free Member

Moo have some good ideas for business cards/mini cards

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

IA
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

IA

That minifig business “card” is amazing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It is brilliant; I WANT.

But unless you’re a senior Lego employee, you can’t have one, cos of trademarks and copyright and all that. 🙁

I think the best ones are those that really say something about the company, through their design. Obviously the Lego one is great, but the musical comb and the radio mike ones are fantastic too. Love the giraffe one though; like the car, it becomes a little fun desk toy/ornament.

I may have dreamt it, but I think I once saw something that resembled a microscope slide with some sort of sample in it, and of course the relevant details. Two very thin bits of glass sandwiching the sample and a piece of clear acetate with the info on.

If I’ve dreamt it it’s my copyright idea, so don’t nick it. 👿

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me – funky / alternaitve business cards etc.’ is closed to new replies.