Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Inspirational writing on 24hr solos
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I need to inspire my sister in law to do a 24 hour, maybe even solo.

andrewh
    Free Member

If she wants to come and watch one I'm looking for a pit crew for the worlds in Oz in Oct?

molgrips
    Free Member

Heh.. bit far to go…

andrewh
    Free Member

Not really.
    25hr flight, 24hr race. Race is 1hr shorter than the journey.
    SXC Laggan, 2hr race, 6hr journey, race is 4hr shorter than the journey.

molgrips
    Free Member

😯

You're suggesting that a 25hr flight is somehow easier than a 6hr car journey?

You're weird.

andrewh
    Free Member

Relativly.

And I'll be sleeping. They won't let me drive the plane 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I'd rather drive 6 hours than spend 25 hours on a plane any day of the week. I could drive 6 hours, watch a race, stay overnight and drive home again the following day no trouble. No way on earth I'd do that with a flight to Australia.

So it's £700 flight, a week off work to preserve your sanity, then accommodation with it for another few hundred; then there's the drive to the airport, say a couple of hours, and three hours before check-in.. so it's more like 30 hours in transit – as long as you get sensible flight times and don't have to stay down the night before a flight..

Nothing to it, really.

RepacK
    Free Member

Try this book..

Ghost Trails

Not strictly 24hr racing but..

andrewh
    Free Member

It's about 24hr running races.

Or the 24Solo video/DVD

trail_rat
    Free Member

karnazes book is pure inspiration for any walk of life one of my favorite books

there is an old ed oxley article on the puffer – it was that one that made me take the plunge and just get the **** on with it …..

get a copy of ride the divide again no 24 but – mary collier is another hard git !

24 solo dvd puts non racers off IME (test sample of 1) … my missus keen cyclist was scared shitless of racing after i showed her that dvd ….. she loves racing now after we coaxed her into it gentle like !

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Gary rode 24

Full blog with all his training and lead up to the event!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Inspirational writing on 24hr solos’ is closed to new replies.