Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Inspiration please.
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’m hoping some of you could offer some inspiration. I think I’ve had an early mid-life crisis. I work too hard and too much, the days I don’t work I sleep and eat and really my weekly or often fortnightly highlight is going riding.

This week I have restructured my working pattern so I will actually have a full weekend every week all to myself so I want to find something, other than cycling, to get my teeth into. A new hobby/sport etc. I was once a very ‘outdoorsy’ type so to aid my options tell me what your hobbies/sports/weekend activities are.

wwaswas

I want to find something, other than cycling, to get my teeth into

that’s just wrong – you shoudl just ride more 😉

Local climbing wall might be worth a try – the one near us is quite good and you’ll hook up with people heading off to vertical bits of countryside they want to ascend.

flyingmonkeycorps

I second what wwaswas said entirely. Though indoor climbing is something I tend to do after work rather than on a weekend.

Why not do some big walks / wild camping type stuff?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It looks bad when I say I want to do something other than cycling I admit. But Mountain biking has more or less engulfed my life since I was 15 years old and it would be nice to mix it up a little bit. Familiarity breeds contempt as they say.

flyingmonkeycorps

Nah I totally understand that, variety is the spice of life and all that!

Take up photography or painting? Something completely different? Train for a big run? All depends what you enjoy, really!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’d agree with climbing. Myself, I took up motorbike trials a couple of years ago. Relatively cheap, top laugh and a lot of mountain bike skills cross over.

yunki
    Free Member

Music Festivals..

ignore all the corporate sponsored arenas of consumerism..
    ignore all the big name main stage acts.. hang out in the more alternative areas.. listen to new music.. meet new people.. experience some real life avant garde..

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Myself, I took up motorbike trials a couple of years ago. Relatively cheap, top laugh and a lot of mountain bike skills cross over.

That doesn’t sound a bad idea. I used to do motocross when I was a kid, maybe a more gentle technical motorsport like trials could be a good option. I’ll add that to my list.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Inspiration please.’ is closed to new replies.