Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Inside Rolls Royce – Ch4
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Even though it’s effectively an advert, the quality of the cars and the workmanship involved is pretty epic. Makes ya proud…. 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty obscene to be honest!

IanMunro
    Free Member

They seemed to spend too much time worrying about the height of diamonds and not enough on sorting out their shonky umbrella dispenser and flying lady mechanism.

project
    Free Member

a very sad programe,when people are going hungry in the world .

maxtorque

Frankly it just told me that there are a lot of very shallow, but very rich people in this world

ojom
    Free Member

It succeeded in confirming the metric of my life’s success will not be money or acquisition of material goods

The worst kind of excess was on display in that program. I had admired those cars until tonight.

bencooper
    Free Member

It was the boring Rolls Royce, not the interesting one, then? I’ve done the interesting one 😉

Rolls Royce 15 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

project – Member

Give me strength. Why does someone always have to trot that old shit out every time? Just because someone is dying in a desert somewhere doesn’t mean someone else can’t build or buy an expensive car you know.
    When you’ve sold everything you own and given it all to charity and spent your time working selflessly for others, I’ll listen to you. Until then, do us all a favour and shut up.

muggomagic

Thanks to Rolls Royce motor cars, my family and I don’t go hungry.

Pook

BenCooper – I trust you had a camera permit for that shot?

bencooper
    Free Member

A what now?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Well sadly the program did seem to be more about the money and marketing rather than the cars or the engineering involved with such a quality product.

Kind of the opposite to that other program about the RR jet engines etc

Shame

And come on… that fella who said something along the lines of “If I park next to another Wraith the other man will know my cars worth more” … Just showed money doesn’t necessarily buy class.

His wife looked impressed with the paint named after her though 🙂

Pook

No protective gear either. Tut.

nealglover
    Free Member

Give me strength. Why does someone always have to trot that old shit out every time? Just because someone is dying in a desert somewhere doesn’t mean someone else can’t build or buy an expensive car you know.
    When you’ve sold everything you own and given it all to charity and spent your time working selflessly for others, I’ll listen to you. Until then, do us all a favour and shut up.

That needed repeating.

Just in case it didn’t sink in the first time.

(Oh…. +1 by the way)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well said PP, well said.
    + Lots! 😀

zippykona

One of our staff stops off in Dubai on her way to Goa every Christmas.
    Her friend out there was bought a brand new roller by his staff as his Christmas present.
    I got a cheese selection.

Jamie
    Free Member

BenCooper – I trust you had a camera permit for that shot?

Busted! Pook, and his RR buddies, are going to give you a damn good thrashing.

RustySpanner

PeterPoddy – Member

project – Member

No one said people shouldn’t build or buy expensive cars.

Are you really suggesting that no one is able to comment on inequality whilst they have a shirt on their back?
    Really?
    Are you nine?

Still, you got to have a little shout and feel all important without having to go through the bother of actually reading what was actually said.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Don’t worry Pook, I’ve already shopped him to the confidential reporting line 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

There’s a confidential reporting line for urbexers?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Dedicated number just for urbexers 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

Oh well, that’s another multinational I’ve annoyed.

Jamie
    Free Member

urbexers

I prefer banplorers.

ninfan
    Free Member

a very sad programe,when people are going hungry in the world

Lets hope they never make a programme about £3000+ bicycles 😐

somafunk

What?, like twin front disc bromptons and their ilk?, 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

The insistence on perfection made me mull over the various compromises I make daily in my business. But I comfort myself in the knowledge I’m not charging a meeelion pounds for my services.

gobuchul
    Free Member

It was a lot of marketing BS IMO.

I bet they are not quite as anal in the real World.

As for the uber rich. 🙄

bencooper
    Free Member

What?, like twin front disc bromptons and their ilk?,

Hey! I’ve got no problem if people want to spend that much money on a car. And I’ve only ever made one twin front disc Brompton 😉

DrP

Thanks to Rolls Royce motor cars, my family and I don’t go hungry. to the shops on foot, like a pauper…

FTFY

DrP

(the above is unlikely to be true)

Drac

Caught the end the difference in true wealth is staggering. I had to laugh at the £45m lottery winner in his pretty bog standard RR saying how winning £45m has allowed him into a world he’d never had experienced otherwise. Yeah he’s loaded but a long long way of the super rich that were buying cars in Dubai.

Oh and what PP said whilst I agree on the distribution of wealth is messed up unless you don’t buy yourself luxuries and contribute you spare cash to the these starving millions you’re not better. What’s to say they don’t give away millions to charities.

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

wwaswas

The insistence on perfection made me mull over the various compromises I make daily in my business.

It is interesting, I think you reach a level of cost where the incremental price of ‘perfection’ over ‘that’s really pretty good’ is irrelevant to the people spending money.

I agree it would sometimes be nice to have the time and resources to do the best job you can rather than just the one that suits the customers budget and time scales, though.

surfer
    Free Member

The insistence on perfection

I suspect the guy doing quality control on the diamond studded parts was just being a bit of an a*** for the camera. Yes it really did need to be embedded further by about “the thickness of a piece of paper”

It is interesting, I think you reach a level of cost where the incremental price of ‘perfection’ over ‘that’s really pretty good’ is irrelevant to the people spending money.

I dont think it is ever irrelevant but the rules are certainly significantly different.

29erKeith
    Free Member

I didn’t see the program but imho RR has gone the way of opulence for the sake of it and it’s just a bit gaudy now.

I’ve no problems with people with money spending it on nice things but there’s a difference between a chap buying a range rover for swanning around the country estate on shoots a nice Merc or BM etc or even buying a Maybach which you do a lot of business from like Peter Jones etc. It to me also feels very different from a car fanatic buying a super car like Chris Evans (some may disagree with that one more).

The cars (RR and a few others) just seem to be utterly pointless objects and saying “I’m considerably richer than yow!”. They just seem to be caricatures of the cars they once were which I think is sad.

No class to the mark any more

montarius
    Free Member

PP +1… well said

RustySpanner

So could all the Ayn Rand acolytes please confirm the level of self sacrifice required before being allowed to mention inequality?

Drac

An equal percentage of whatever the super rich spend on their RR?

Houns

Quite enjoyed it. Felt sorry but also chuckled at the guy from the goldsmiths

tomhoward

Disappointing show, had hoped it would focus on the oily engineering bits of an RR, rather than the trinketry (that they said in the show was just a gimmick) and the whole ‘look at how much money someone can spend on a car’ then be all coy when asked exactly how much ‘the most expensive rolls ever’ costs/was sold for.

That said, the Wraith isn’t a hard car to look at.

binners

A thoroughly depressing and dispiriting programme in every respect. It summed up pretty much everything about the totally ****ed up world we now inhabit. I find it utterly depressing that all that skill and effort, all those resources are now ploughed into providing gaudy trinkets for the stratospherically rich, to sit alongside their other ridiculous tat.. And whats worse; for some utterly inexplicable reason we’re supposed to celebrate and applaud this, and even aspire to it as the very pinnacle of human existence

Diamond encrusted cars? Pathetic!! Utterly ****ing pathetic!!! 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Inside Rolls Royce – Ch4’ is closed to new replies.