Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Inside out winter gloves
  • chvck
    Free Member

Winter gloves got soaked on Thursday night and the inner turned inside out when I took one off. This has turned into a right faff trying to fix it!

towzer

stick a wooden spoon handle down the fingers

z1ppy

Indeed, which is why I won’t buy another set of with gloves with integrated liner (having binned some perfectly good 661’s whose liner twisted). When my full on winter gloves wear out (liner-ed but so warm, I can live with them for now) I’ll be looking at the likes of Specialized Sub zero or fox Anti-freeze with separate liners, though I do have some decathlon liners gloves I use occasionally too with my (old) wind proof gloves (new ones from on-one are too tight).

chvck
    Free Member

I’ll try the wooden spoon! I’m not a big fan of the integrated liners either but it’s usually fine so long as you remember to hold the fingers whilst taking them off… I didn’t this time.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

this +1. My only gripe with sealskinz gloves was taking them off without then having to spend half the day getting the fingers back in. Went to Altura night visions with seperate liners.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I fpund it helped to completely pull the inner inside out.

Then push the fingers only back inwith a wooden spoon (so at this stage the glove has the palm of the inner still visible with the fingers pushed in.)

Then i put my fingers in to each hole and plunged my hand into the outer.

Then i chucked the **** things in the bin.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I wasted hours with a pair of Sealskinz with the same problem

As well as the wooden spoon you could try a chopstick, neither worked for me

What did the trick was giving them to the kids on a no win no fee contract for a tenner 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

Well I’ve just wasted some of my life with a wooden spoon fixing said glove. I doesn’t feel quite right but will do!

dreednya

With a bit of luck Chvck they will gradually get back to feeling normal after a few rides, but make sure when you take them off you grab the fingers of the glove you are removing to stop it happening again. I have the same problems and have thought of getting waterproof winter gloves with separate liners but have not yet managed it!

oldnick

Staedtler pencils with the painted end work even better than the wooden spoon for me, still a pain though.

Northwind

Remember just turning them back rightway in doesn’t fix the underlying shiteness and unfitness for purpose though. Track down the designer and throw him on a bonfire made of inside out gloves, only longterm cure.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve read that a small amount of superglue from the inside will stick the ends of the fingers in.

A few loops of cotton sewn in carefully has worked for me. You lose the water proofing membrane but it is rarely noticeable and stops the dreaded inside out liner. Otherwise I end up not using them as I’m nervous about it happening mid ride in freezing conditions.

torihada
    Free Member

Once took my waterproof gloves off on a cold wet winters ride in Swaledale. I couldn’t get my freakin numb fingers back in the darned gloves. “My kingdom for a wooden spoon”

I want to replace them (without dedicated liners). But can’t make my mind up.

langylad
    Free Member

Really don’t know why people persist with soilskinz, even when fully fitting and untwisted they weren’t any more weatherproof than my cheaper 1 piece Madisons, which always slipped on and off with the ease of quality M and S knickers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Inside out winter gloves’ is closed to new replies.