Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Inside Out (the film) suitable for 6 yr olds?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Looking to do a family trip to the cinema this week and I quite like the sound of it, but some parts do sound like they might be a bit upsetting to younger kids – has anyone taken 6 yr olds to see it? Did they enjoy it?

Cheers

darrenspink
    Free Member

Can’t think what parts might upset a 6 yr old. Good film for any age.

cheekyget
    Free Member

My little boy went with his girlfriend ……and her dad!!…lol
    He said it was ok……..but he is looking forward to today , because we are taking him to see ” hotel Transylvania 2″
    We brought he first film on dvd because it was £3 …..and it was a surprise hit in my house…so should be fun

molgrips
    Free Member

Can’t think what parts might upset a 6 yr old

You don’t know my 6 year old 🙂

There’s quite a bit of jeopary in it – standard scary stuff for a film made for older kids. It’s quite emotionally intense, which is bang on for the subject matter, but my delicate little flower found it a bit much. I only watched half the film, spent the other half in the lobby. The girl spends a lot of time being sad and having a hard time until she figures it out in the end, which may also be upsetting. Only an issue for very sensitive kids though.

Shame, cos it’s a very good film.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The girl spends a lot of time being sad and having a hard time until she figures it out in the end, which may also be upsetting.

Definitely your kid then 😉

Said with affection no offence meant

molgrips
    Free Member

She’s definitely my kid, and I’m proud of it 🙂

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I took my 6 and 4 year old, they were fine.

yetidave
    Free Member

my 8yr old found it quite interesting/upsetting/talked about it a lot afterwards. My 5yr old didn’t get it at all, but enjoyed it anyway.

GrahamS

My five year old and two year old girls both enjoyed it.

Five year old reported “feeling scared” at parts and “having nightmares”, but happily went back to see it again with her friends 😀

I blubbed like a emotional old fool most of the way through it. 😳

TimP
    Free Member

My 5.5yo had bad dreams after. I didn’t go so no idea what the fuss is about, but she was a bit upset when she got home and then had a bad dream that night and a couple of nights later about it

Delicate little flower that she is…

simon_g

IMDB has a parents guide for most films – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2096673/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg

No spoilers unless you mouse over them.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Looking to do a family trip to the cinema this week and I quite like the sound of it, but some parts do sound like they might be a bit upsetting to younger kids

It’s been my experience that all family trips to the cinema are upsetting.
    I usually emerge blinking in the afternoon sunlight about 70 quid lighter. Gutted. 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

We went to one of the kids’ matinees, about £1.50 a ticket in the big cinema.

alcolepone
    Free Member

watched it with our 3 year old, he sat through the whole things and seemed to enjoy it, did think he was going to cry at one point (empathy rather than scared). Good family fun film.

eltonerino
    Free Member

My (then) 3 year old loved it, Hotel Transylvania 2 was a hit too.

johndoh
    Free Member

We went to one of the kids’ matinees, about £1.50 a ticket in the big cinema.

Yeah, £11 including the booking fee for us (kids club showing).

We’ll take pick n mix bought from the supermarket beforehand…

🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

6 year old lad enjoyed it the 8 year old girl cried but enjoyed it

StirlingCrispin

My 7-year old says it’s his favourite film.

(went to “Animal Kingdom: Let’s Go Ape” at the weekend – absolute garbage, although not quite as bad as Happy Feet 2)

yunki
    Free Member

My (now six yo) used to be a bit oversensitive.. He still won’t deal with purple minions..
    Get them watching adventure time..

full of peril and trauma but irreverent and fast paced enough for them to see it through to conclusion without too much stress..
    It’s done wonders for my boys

they are nails now 🙂

downshep

Best viewed on acid, especially once Bing Bong appears.

mark d
    Free Member

Took 4 year old daughter, at that age they won’t ‘get’ it, but it was nice cartoons.
    I blubbed the whole way through, cracking movie.

fubar
    Free Member

Goodbye Bing Bong [sob sob]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2096673/parentalguide
    Some great resources out there for parents BBFC do a parents guide too, both will obviously include spoilers

GrahamS

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2truxhcBko[/video]

johndoh
    Free Member

Well we took them and (as suggested above) they didn’t really get it.

But by god I did. I was Mr Nice Dad for the rest of the day 😥

GrahamS

😀

It is definitely a movie with various levels of “getting it”.

The parent-level “getting it” is pretty emotional!

LS
    Free Member

We took my GFs 6-year old and there were a couple of bouts of crying, but she is prone to finding things upsetting.

johndoh
    Free Member

Absolutely. And when I picked up my phone later in the day my wife reminded me of the bit when her dad stops playing to pick his phone up…

TBF, we were in the Whiteout that is the sensory overload of Toys R Us at that point and I was just catching up with some sports results for two minutes!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Inside Out (the film) suitable for 6 yr olds?’ is closed to new replies.