Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Inside leg measurements & frame sizes
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking that a 32 1/2″ inside leg measurement for a 5’8″ guy is not quite the norm?
    Been talking to Bob Jackson about their off the peg frames, and even for an off the peg they do a shorter TT on a taller frame.

Honestly after all these years I struggling to see how adjusting the size of your frame with components i.e stem and post can be as good as getting the frame spot on in the first place. Thinking about frames that come S M & L

ahwiles
    Free Member

you’re a freak.

welcome to the club.

(6′ 2″ – 36″ inside leg)

oldgit
    Free Member

Going on my leg measurements, as many do I’d be on a 56cm frame. But I need a TT of about 54cm.
    It would explain why I can just about fit a seatpost into most of the compacts I’ve had.

fasthaggis

If it’s something that you are going to keep for a while ,I would go and get measured up.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

You’re nearly the same as me then – last few times I’ve managed to find a 58cm frame with a short top tube. As you say, getting something just right is hard within a S, M or L sizing system.

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s not just frames. A bike in my height range will often have 170 cranks and 42cm bars. Straight away they have to be swapped for 172.5 and 44cm bars.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Straight away they have to be swapped for 172.5 and 44cm bars.

Again, Snap!! TBH, I can’t remember the last off the peg bike I bought for all-of-the-above reasons.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

5ft 11 here with a 33 leg.I thought I had long legs relative to my height.
    I always seem to be annoyingly between sizes except on my Giant Defy road bike which is an M/L and is about the only bike which has felt perfect.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Inside leg measurements & frame sizes’ is closed to new replies.