Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Inset Day tomorrow
  • ourmaninthenorth

am not aware of another profession that spends so much time complaining about their career choice

I'm a lawyer, and it's f***ing s**t. A loathsome way to spend my day, but the money I earn – while poor for my strand of the profesison – is still far better than I would get as a teacher with a similar level of experience.

It's the only reason – and the fact the profesion is filled with Type-A personalities unable to admit that they don't like it – that people remain in it. Were I a single man without a mortgage and child on the way, I would have sacked it off long ago.

Does that balance up the debate?

surfer
    Free Member

Does that balance up the debate?

Dunno. What are the holidays like?

ourmaninthenorth

Dunno. What are the holidays like?

Not bad. 25 days p.a. + bank hols. One would not expect to advance that far if one tried to take all of them or didn't at least very noisily have to cancel one or two at the last minute* because a transaction was due to close (it's that type-A personailty thing again).

*I've been lucky, and only had one holiday ruined by work (spent the whole of a long weekend abroad in a hotel room working). Colleagues have been called back from holidays, had the start of their holiday delayed and one of the worst was being called back to the office just as the entire family were checking in for their flight. I suspect teaching doesn't carry this risk.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Inset Day tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.