Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • (Insert Homer Simpson drool sound effect here)
  • j_me
    Free Member

Definitely black. The red one’s valves aren’t aligned to the tyre logos.

mangoridebike

That is an awesome looking bike

mamadirt your approach to bike ownership is inspiring, always looking to try new things.

and your bikes always look awesome too!

All power to your credit card 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, my credit card needs all the help it can get 😉 .

Now . . . geared or singlespeed (any excuse for an orange half-link chain 😛 )

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Sweet. Is it bent?

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’ say geared.

I’ve got the 831s for my new ibis mojo, however, the kashmina coating on my pair is nowhere near as gold as in the pic, or the kashmina coating on both the float 180s and the 160s that I have/had

ianpinder
    Free Member

You’ve made me want the tazer vpp now. grrrrr!!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hmmmm, soooo tempted by the 831s 😕

kudos100
    Free Member

Looks like a really fun bike 😀 My mate rides something a bit similar and it is his favorite. xc, downhill, dirt jumps the whole shebang.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Mama what are you going to use the bike for.

I’m worried that the compression tune is going to be too firm, as they are designed for 4x and jumps, that I’ll loose alot of the small bump sensitivity.

On the other hand should sharpen up the bike alot

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hopefully everything (impractical I know but I love a challenge 😉 ) – I know the 831s can be travel adjusted but I may be better going for something like U turn Sektors if I can get hold of an xs spring, or even getting a U turn spring for my Lyriks in case the whole thing goes pear shaped.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooooooh, it’s here!!!! 😀

Hope it rides as good as it looks 8) (and yes I did lick it when I took it out of the box 😛 )

I may be some time . . .

psychle
    Free Member

love the custom sticker 8)

dans160
    Free Member

I do like intense frames. Mine will have to prized from my cold dead hands.

nickc

black…sweet

rOcKeTdOg

as much as i said get the red one, that looks sweet, i think you made the right choice!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, cheers all 🙂 . Looking good so far (although I’m sure that a lot of you won’t approve of my orange accents – I just need Wiggle to delivery my black floating rotors.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Still no sign of the black rotors 😡 but Papadirt kindly donated his for the first ride (like he had a choice 😆 )

Was a little unsure how it’d cope with the downhills after being used to daft amounts of skill compensation – felt dog slow on my little 3-4 min twisty d/h but I made it down in one piece and was pleasantly surprised to find my time was only 20 seconds or so slower than the Slopestyle despite dabbing on every rocky step. Confidence boosted I decided to go for the little drop off in my local woods which I’d never had the guts to take a hardtail off before . . . result!! I think I’m in love 😛

Curly68
    Free Member

I so want one of these! Emailed Rutland (my localish dealer) but in a week had no response. Will email Extra instead.
    What have you set the Lyrics down to?

rOcKeTdOg

Emailed Rutland (my localish dealer)

phone, they are rubbish by email

nickc

Nice. Love the orange

mamadirt
    Free Member

Lyrics are set at a tad under 120 in the pic – rides fine downhill at 130ish though. They are such lovely forks I couldn’t bring myself to ebay them so fitted a U turn instead. Curly, I emailed Extra to check stock before ordering through my lbs – they only had 2 small black ones in stock – not sure about the mediums though.

It’s easily one of the nicest looking bikes I’ve built – nippy too . . . but I’m sitting here thinking I need to WTFU. My back and ankles are aching like nothing on earth – I’ve been spoilt over the last year or so with 7″ of skill compensation and at the moment I’m wondering if I’ve done the right thing 😕 . I could sit and look at it all day but at the mo’ I’m seriously considering selling everything (again 🙄 ) to get some cushioning for my old bones 😥

Bikes . . . dontcha just hate em 😡

mamadirt
    Free Member

Now on a well-known auction site 🙄 . . . I have wiped the drool off the toptube.

awaits flaming

wwaswas

awaits flaming

I don’t think anyone’s going to be surprised enough to criticise 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘(Insert Homer Simpson drool sound effect here)’ is closed to new replies.