Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Insecure 54 year old seeks advice
  • pallyally
    Free Member

ernie…… Dead right. Her indoors says it’s too early to go to bed. And I’ve got to get to Betws tomorrow

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Eh, But I thought you never drank, ever? So you do drink!
    HA!

I only drink when I’m on a promise 🙂 It relaxes inhibitions, and let’s face it, you wouldn’t want an uninhibited sfb on the loose…

cinnamon_girl

Communication! People don’t communicate!

pallyally – is there anyone you can talk to – a friend, riding buddy? Things don’t go away. I should know, I ended my marriage last year.

pallyally
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl…just had a bottle of chardonay and a few wee beers and feel much better now thanks. Once I sleep it off and have a blast around the Marin Trail I’m sure I’ll be fine

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

.just had a bottle of chardonay and a few wee beers and feel much better now thanks.

isn’t drinking to make yourself feel better a problem in itself ?

pallyally
    Free Member

SFB….No!!……I’m Scottish FFS

cinnamon_girl

OK, the Scots are a different breed and I know 😉

Trouble is, things don’t go away, they have to be dealt with.

Enjoy your ride tomorrow!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m Scottish FFS

ah, that would make anyone drink :o)

Moses

But she’s right, isn’t she? (C_G usually is)
    You need to talk, or sort yourself out – otherwise you wouldn’t have made the post.

pallyally
    Free Member

…………..and so to bed

Good night all

project
    Free Member

54 , bloody hell the lottery only goes up to 49.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I only drink when I’m on a promise It relaxes inhibitions, and let’s face it, you wouldn’t want an uninhibited sfb on the loose…

I can’t quite believe I’m reading this..

Own up; you’ve hijacked SFB’s login, jolly well have not you?

(This’ll suss out whether or not it’s really him…)

‘Dijical’.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Communication! People don’t communicate!
    pallyally – is there anyone you can talk to – a friend, riding buddy? Things don’t go away. I should know, I ended my marriage last year.

LOL !

I’m sure pallyally is feeling a lot better just by listening to your positive words of encouragement cinnamon_girl 8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Own up; you’ve hijacked SFB’s login, jolly well have not you?

RB: this is me honest :o) Though admittedly I don’t know how to establish my authenticity, perhaps if I include some italics?. I can talk about myself in the 3rd person…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can talk about myself in the 3rd person…

But can you talk complete bollox endlessly without a predetermined time limit ?

That would clinch it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But can you talk complete bollox endlessly without a predetermined time limit ?

say rather I cannot be held responsible for your limited attention span :o)

cinnamon_girl

ernie – that comment was intended to stress that communication is essential. I’m sorry if it came across differently, that was not my intention.

RudeBoy – your injury hasn’t affected your keyboard skills 😉

sfb – I thought you were teetotal?

Me – just going to put the cork in the bottle 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sfb – I thought you were teetotal?

except if offered wine in a romantic situation, when I’ll take a glass or 2

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

say rather I cannot be held responsible for your limited attention span

Yep, that sounds like good enough bollox to me – I am now convinced that you are indeed simonfbarnes

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

actually, I’m thinking this has the making of a better (though rule breaking) game than Mornington Crescent, where some of us swap logins and pretend to be each other :o)

cinnamon_girl

Er, what’s Mornington Crescent?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl, Mornington Crescent is some game which boring old farts who listen to boring radio stations like to play.

cinnamon_girl

More fun on here I reckon!

samuri
    Free Member

if you’re enjoying yourself then carry on. As long as you’re not going bonkers on the ale then I suspect it’s fine. Not being fit is the biggest killer in this country, and you’re good on that account. Getting up for a pee a lot is an older mans thing, I’m 42 and get up to go for at least one pee in the night. My wife sleeps like a log though so no problem there.

To be honest, if I get woken up (if i’m lucky enough to be asleep, which is a rare event nowadays) it’s one of the cats who will do it. They cry outside our door at about 4 in the morning to be let out.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Keep on keeping on. Same rules apply.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Getting up for a pee a lot is an older mans thing, I’m 42 and get up to go for at least one pee in the night. My wife sleeps like a log though so no problem there.

er, samuri, he said “Get IT up”, not get up to pee :o)

I [u]can get it up every night if I don’t drink too much

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m 42 and get up to go for at least one pee in the night.

That imho, is not normal. Unless of course you’ve been out on the p1ss.

judy_rockshox
    Free Member

Oh stop worrrying about your age. I am 59 and still fairly fit. Just stop getting too pissed in case it get’s you. I gave up booze and fags when they started costing me more than money and now bikes are costing me tooooo much but at least the bikes are not killing me. No, I don’t pee in the night. I just forget things!

hora
    Free Member

Here is some general advice that always makes me laugh.
    Once a womans head has been turned the only thing that will turn it back is a spade
    😆

redthunder
    Free Member

My old man is 70 and still rides MTB nearly every other day and thats 25-30 rides on average (per ride).

I hope I’m still riding at 70 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

It’s when you stop getting up for a pee in the night, but pee anyway, that you need to really worry.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Insecure 54 year old seeks advice’ is closed to new replies.