Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Insect bites & stopping them itch?
  • ski
    Free Member

Do these little gadgets that give you a harmless static shock to stop mosquito bites from itching actually work?

http://www.myzapit.com/Learn%20More.htm

Does anyone know if they also work for horse fly and midges bites too?

Sat here with three horse fly bites to my legs & they are driving me itch mad!

Noticed Aldi are selling a ‘Zap It’ one this Sunday for £3.50, wondering if its worth a trip?

Ta

😉

yossarian
    Free Member

they tend to work if used straight after the bite.

a good dose of anti-hystermines work better in my experience.

instanthit
    Free Member

Buy an aloe vera plant, grow it in a pot in your kitchen, and break of when needed for insect bites, burns and itchness.

molgrips
    Free Member

MTFU – seriously. Learn to deal with it.

I am apparently a delicacy for the little fkkers so I have to deal with it all the time.

chiefgrooveguru

Anti-histamines.

takisawa2

Them bite sticks that smell of amonia seem to work.
    Piriton can help but make you zzzzzzzz.

And tea tree oil.

woody2000

Give them a slap instead of scratching (the bites that is).

phiiiiil

The GF is a magnet for anything that bites and swears by the zappy things; she clicks away merrily whenever a bite itches, however long ago it was, and it seems to work well…

molgrips
    Free Member

Scratch in a circle around the bite, not on it. This helps a lot.

roper
    Free Member

Them bite sticks that smell of ammonia seem to work

these work, especially well for stings. Also strong tiger balm is very good for mozzy bites, though I wouldn’t put that on a sting.

DezB
    Free Member

Was recommended Tiger Balm last year when I asked on here (aside from the few knobs that said MTFU).
    It seems to work. Though you have to reapply it.
    Hydrocortisone cream from Asda heals bites up pretty quickly, but they itch more while it’s absorbed.
    Also “Witch Doctor” is good for nettle stings (Witch hazel gel)

resisted
    Free Member

As a slight OT, I had a load of horse flies fly through my lid last night and go to town on my bonce, am I going to have to shave my head in the affected region as rubbing anti-histamines into my hair hasn’t helped a jot?!

ski
    Free Member

As a slight OT, I had a load of horse flies fly through my lid last night and go to town on my bonce, am I going to have to shave my head in the affected region as rubbing anti-histamines into my hair hasn’t helped a jot?!

Ewwww! & I though I had it bad! 😉

tyger
    Free Member

Tea tree oil – job done!

resisted
    Free Member

Ewwww! & I though I had it bad!

Pretty sure I’ve been sub-consciously rubbing my head against my headboard during the night too! bloody neck giving me jip too!

molgrips
    Free Member

Btw I’m not trying to be a knob suggesting mtfu. It’s a serious tactic.

SaxonRider

I love scratching bites. Always have. Why would you want the itch to stop? 😉

Cougar

Excellent!

ski
    Free Member

sorry I am very thick…….how does an electric shock stop bites from itching?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Was recommended Tiger Balm last year when I asked on here (aside from the few knobs that said MTFU).
    It seems to work. Though you have to reapply it.<

Never made much difference to my bites. You could always rub some on your balls – that would take your mind off the bites.

DezB
    Free Member

I find it hard to MTFU when I’m asleep and sometimes itching bits wake me up.
    I’ve built up an immunity to Tiger Balm on the balls.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

sorry I am very thick…….how does an electric shock stop bites from itching?

Its pretty clever, the charge causes electrophoresis of the compounds causing the itch and driving the inflammatory response. I wondered when they came out if they also had some effect on mast cell degranulation, but I have no real idea.

http://venomshock.wikidot.com/

resisted
    Free Member

have to move to harder stuff, try mint and tea-tree original source shower gel, that was an unpleasant experience the first time round!

bikemad67
    Free Member

My old uncle uses his fingernail to make a cross on the middle of the bite and he says it works wonders. It doesn’t.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Insect bites & stopping them itch?’ is closed to new replies.