• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Insanity Workout
  • n3olp
    Free Member

I’m thinking of starting but looks like one hell of a commitment to training and following the diet plan. I wonder what results are actually going to be like, you can never trust the advertisements.

Has anyone done this? Or anything similar?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I know someone who has and someone who’s in the process. They’re both satisfied with results so far.

sc-xc

Yep, done it

It’s tough, but addictive. Make sure you eat enough!

Great variety of workouts, and however fit you are, it will make you push yourself hard…and unlike most exercise things, you won’t want to punch Shaun (the trainer).

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Mate has – worked very well for him. Lost shit loads of weight and he says its not that bad once you start. You get rest days and a real mix of excercise through the week to prevent boredom.

The infomercial thing is quite entertaining (when drunk). Thing is with these things is that if you commit, they are great! So how strong is your willpower 🙂

Also, personally, I find the 2 day fast thing works very well for me as well as upping cycling to 4 times a week. Lost almost 8 pounds since starting three weeks ago and feel much better. Would prob be more but no way am I giving up ale and wine – life is just too short.

Good luck

scaled
    Free Member

The thing that concerned me was how hard you’d have to push yourself in the workouts combined with the levels of exercise that I do already – you’ve pretty much got to suspend any other activities while doing the program. That doesn’t really work when you’ve got to cycle to work and the sun it out!

sc-xc

I agree with scaled – it wipes you out. i had to knock resistance work in the gym on the head. Still managed to cycle to work though…

For me, 1st thing in the morning was best.

The warm ups are bad enough – 15ish minutes before you get into the proper exercises…

andyrm
    Free Member

Know a few people who do it, and use a similar style programme myself, developed specifically for what I’m looking to achieve for enduro racing. You do have to be committed, and it’s hard, but that’s the point. It’s about getting results, not kidding yourself by saying you “did 2 hours at the gym”.

Do it.

n3olp
    Free Member

Its good to hear some genuine feedback of the results. I’m happy that it will wipe me out, the reason for starting is that I left the gym at the end of November as my 1st child was due. Now she is here and settling in nicely I was thinking of trying something different.
    Eating enough maybe the issue, I am not doing it for weight loss, more as a weight gain and general fitness. I have done the calculation and it recommends 2900kcals a day! On the rest days I will try and ride the bike, slow and steady up the Quantock Hills but can still act like a lunatic flying down the other side!

organic355
    Free Member

what is it? sounds interesting?

Linky please?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just to clarify, is this what you are all talking about?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czjWBuvKtwM[/video]

steveoath
    Free Member

It definitely needs committment. I have had to stop playing football as it was doing me in tbh.

Great workouts and you don’t get bored.

Check ebay or amazon for resells

zilog6128

With the caveat that I haven’t done it so am basically just talking out of my arse, it sounds rubbish to me. You’ll find discussion about it on most health/strength/bodybuilding forums. It just strikes me as a very poor program. What are your goals? To get stronger? There are better ways. Ditto for weight loss, fitness, etc. The fact that you have to give up all your other exercise is a major negative point IMO. The chap above ^^^^ why on earth would you choose to do this rather than play football?!

The whole point of a decent training program IMO is consistency. I can’t see anyone sticking with Insanity for a prolonged period of time. The fact that it is sold by infomercials should tell you all you need to know really.

purser_mark
    Free Member

I have done similar (p90x) and it kicked my ass. That is more weight / resistance biased though. The Mrs is doing Insanity and is now Cardio fitter than me.

I’m 5ft 11 and I dropped from 82kgs to 72 kgs with two rounds of p90x. Wasit went from 34 to 30 which I haven’t been since a teenager. I’m 39.

It takes a committment of time and effort to follow the diet and you will have little energy for other sports but you will get fit and lose weight and I’m not an infomercial 😀

Mugboo

I’ve just had a copy posted through my letterbox this weekend by a customer. I’ve had 5 recommendations for it recently.

I think if you enjoy working out you need to change it up regularly to keep things fresh and your body guessing. This is just another way of staying interested so why not.. Don’t fancy giving up cycling or running though.
    I’m hoping that I might pick up some useful info though.

DrP

My good lady has been looking into this.
    I think we might borrow it and give it a go – not for weight loss, just to watch bits jiggle really…..

DrP

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

D0NK

I think we might borrow it and give it a go – not for weight loss, just to watch bits jiggle really…..

why isn’t my GP like you? Mine’s a dour miserable fecker slouched in his chair barely get a nod of hello then he grunts “whats up?” and stares blank faced while you tell him your ills.

Think the NHS publicity machine (if they have one) should get you as their new poster boy DrP 😉

oh yeah insanity, watched an infomercial, (must have been early morning and couldn’t muster the willpower to find the remote control) looks like the kinda thing that might inspire you to workout if you don’t already, but (and by the posts of others) something that’ll ruin you for riding which gets a big thumbs down from me.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Insanity Workout’ is closed to new replies.