Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Innov8 questions
  • smartay

Hi all

I have been looking at these trail running shoes but have a couple of questions
    With each type of shoe there is a number, is this the shoe weight, the higher the number the more robust/ cushioning
    Sizing wise, if buying by mail order/ internet is it worth going up a size from your usual fit. Are they’re a snug fit
    And finally which would you recommend for general knock about running shoes to cover majority of condition, if its really wet/ bog conditions I wouldn’t use them

Oh if not Innov8 what would you recommend

BadlyWiredDog

The number is notionally weight. The fit seems ‘normal’ to me. Don’t know. I like the Saucony Pergerine 6 and the Salomon Speedcross, but it’s all very personal ime. Depends on what fit feels right for you, your running style, where you run and the balance between cushioning, grip, weight, durability etc that you prefer.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The number does link to weight, I think it’s a lot notionally than when Inov8 was a relatively new company, but doesn’t always equate to cushioning. Inov8 have a arrow system on the heel, the more arrows the more cushioning.

For example, the Roclite (which I would recommend if you’re looking for an allrounder off road/trail shoe) comes in the 295 and the 280 models. The 280 is the more cushioned shoe due to having 3 rather than 2 arrows. The arrows also relate to the heel drop.

More info: https://www.inov-8.com/shockzone/

The arrows are imprinted on the heels…

inov8 also have different lasts, precision and standard. The standard is fairly…erm…standard, and the precision is more of a race day fit and a bit tighter.

Personally since Inov8 stopped making the Trailroc and went all crossfit on some of their shoes, I prefer Nike’s Terra Kiger.

Finally, I would recommend ordering from somewhere like Wiggle who have several models and sizes, and have free returns, so you can order a couple of different sizes/models and keep the ones you like.

aracer
    Free Member

The number is a fairly accurate indication of weight (though clearly that varies with size – I think it’s for a nominal size 8). If you’re interested in cushioning then they have an arrow rating for that – the number doesn’t correspond very closely with the cushioning.

Sizing is normal for me, though a lot of their shoes have a fairly narrow fit.

I like roclites from their multi-terrain range (the closest of their current ones to what I use are the 295s). Depending on what exactly you’re doing you may want to look at their trail range though – I’d use roclites in pretty much all conditions and they’re also my choice for climbing mountains!

thecaptain
    Free Member

Different models have different heel drop. When it’s really wet and boggy is when you really need them!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Innov8 questions’ is closed to new replies.