Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Innis & Gunn Winter Treacle Porter
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I iz disappoint.

crikey
    Free Member

Your thread title is a foriegn language to me. Should I google it, or will it break t’internet?

wallop

What’s wrong with it, Flashy? I had a lovely porter last weekend – Old Slug, or something. Nice and chewy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

I did, and it didn’t.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/innis-gunn-winter-treacle-porter-oak-aged-beer/183592/

Now these fellas really need to think about what the purpose of beer is, because I think they may be missing the point…

stany
    Free Member

I think the words ‘treacle’ & ‘porter’ would probably put me off straight away. Didn’t enjoy their rum infused beer. My local brew shop (Cobbetts Real Ale, Dorking – check em) have a lovely smoked porter from Dark Star brewery (beer magicians IMO) on tonight. I went for a Diablo IPA as tonights tipple tho. Not sure if its that or the new woodburner thats keeping me warm 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Innis and Gunn stuff is over-sweet syrup IMO 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The evening started much better!

Tidy. Look you.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Innis and Gunn isnt as good as it used to be. Williams Bros on the other hand havent produced a bad beer yet.

druidh
    Free Member

Innis & Gunn has always tended to be a bit variable. That can be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing.

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

I have a Williams Brothers Nollaig in the house that’s just waiting for Xmas…

Their Joker IPA is pretty damn good.

Brewdog Punk IPA also very good. IMHO.

athgray
    Free Member

Has anyone tried Dark Star’s Espresso? Coffee flavoured porter that is great. Traquir brewery also do good winter ales.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, whatever you do don’t have more than a half 🙂

singletrackmind

depends if you want your beer to taste like someone has stubbed thier cigarette out in your pint or not.

brakes
    Free Member

Porter is many a splendored thing, but the variation in taste and flavour is quite narrow so differences are, and should be, subtle.
    But brewers try to distinguish their porter, particulary around Christmas time, with distinctive flavours like coffee, treacle, orange and spices. STOP IT! It just doesn’t work. You wouldn’t sully a single malt by trying to flavour it with paprika would you?

Coyote
    Free Member

Just been in the “Bike and Beer” store and there’s a bottle of Samuel Smith Old Brewery “Taddy Porter”. Anyone any experience of this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Innis & Gunn Winter Treacle Porter’ is closed to new replies.