Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Inners/Glentress Thursday 10th
  • stevemtb
    Free Member

With it being holiday traffic you’ll be 40-50 minutes from H.Gait. I shouldn’t be much behind you as long as I get away on time.

Will be in a silver Transit, if I’m not there by 6.30 don’t wait and I’ll try to catch you at the top car park.

I prefer mixing and matching routes but absolutely easy. If you’ve never been before I’d say Spooky Woods and Berm Baby Berm (a few times) would be on the must do list. There will be people going who know hidden options, not sure how these will hold up to the rain, but one I want someone to show me the start of is the Enduro descent that ends up back in Peebles! Good thing about GT is route plans can be made/changed on the way round very easily depending what people fancy and how they’re feeling.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Shazam. I’m feeding my legs the now. Feeling Gnarly on rigid forks.

rickmeister

Afternoon Steve… I think I know the Enduro descent you are on about… goes out behind the green to the bottom of the Hydro… maybe leave a van there or something for the drivers… If its the one I’m thinkink of its a clarty one,

*think* being, I was there once with Naomi…

stevemtb
    Free Member

That’s the one Rick. Might not be the right night for it but hoping someone could point me in the right direction! Does sound like you’d have to ride it to find it though rather than general directions.

Not a problem if it’s not tomorrow, as long as I’m out on my bike I’ll be happy. Better get the stuff in the wash from last night sharpish though, 5 10s might not be dry by then!!

Left there around 8.30 last night, no need for lights at that point, was fairly light on the way up the road (apart from the grey clouds) so gambling that I won’t need any tomorrow!!

rickmeister

I could tell you exactly where it is, its easy to find…

The Hervelo gurrrrrls are cancelling their Pentlands ride tonight on facebook atm… offer some places to tag along tomorrow via facebook… ? You never know, it may get all out of hand !

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Snapped a spoke, it’s going for an emergency fix & true early doors.

So much for a quiet “practice” ride.

What’s this about the Hervelo lot? Fell out with Facebook many moons ago.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m out, just got too much to do.

Northwind

Hokay, weather forecast’s slightly less good than it was but still decent.
    Cfinnimore, I’m on andrew@blackjack.f9.co.uk or 07796896173- though that’s 02 so it’s borked just now. I’ll be in a dark grey mondeo estate with an attractive garnish of scrapes and dents.

And the Fort descent is ace but it’s also very slippy when it’s been wet, easy to find but not sure how up for it everyone will be.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Smashin’ Northwind, details saved.

chris.finnimore at gmail dot com, should it be needed.

I’ll be on the commuter train Waverley> Edinburgh park for 5.30 as dictated by spokey emergency.

Outside Halfords? You’ll recognise me as the person with the bike least-appropriate for intended shredding, but it’s fastasfook so that’s a winner.

Slippy when wet?
    Like.
    High chance of carnage?
    Like.

rickmeister

I’m on 07702736914 and suffering with O2’s massive borkage… but the mail still works on my phone….

rick.h.harrison@gmail.com

Black T5… will we have more cars than bikes?

See you tomorrow… what could possibly go wrong, how hard can it be etc etc…

ojom
    Free Member

Have fun kids and think of me with paint brush.

nick1962
    Free Member

Isn’t Thursday the 12th or am I missing something?

mute
    Free Member

I’ve been meening to come along on one of these rides for a while, mind if I tag along?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Thursday is indeed the 12th Nick. I’m displaying a phenomenal amount of stupid on many levels today.

Mute, ‘course you can come. I’ve never been to GT either as it happens.

Think the plan is-as of midnight Wed- meet at Halfords at Hermiston Gait for 5.30 or if that’s crap for you, meet at GT.

A better informed person than I-regulars- should be able to fill you in on the how’s/when’s should that be the case.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s smooth run of events!

mute
    Free Member

I’ll meet you at GT as I’m at Kings Buildings.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Cool, mute. Stevemtb is doing the same thing.

stevemtb
    Free Member

The Peel car park was closed on Tuesday night for resurfacing, how about we say the bottom car park (first one as you come off the road)?

Think the Peel was due to reopen today but maybe better to arrange a meeting point that’s guaranteed to be open?

Bring it on, can’t wait to get out the office already! And apologies in advance for making you wait at the top of every climb!!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Under promise, over deliver… That’s my perogative for today.

Got nice new shoes to dirty and everything.

So, bottom carpark timish.. 6.30.Does that sound alright with the drivers?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Will aim for 6.30 at bottom car park. Dont finish work until 5.30 so i might be a couple of mins late. If you’ve already left, i’ll track you down 😈

cfinnimore
    Free Member

That was excellent. Cheers for the guided tour & sage advice. Magic to meet & ride with new people.

Next time, Inbred time.

I’m off to eat a horse.

Peace.

rickmeister

Really enjoyed the ride tonight… great fun… finnimore, you are a legend for getting that trials bike to the top of Spooky Wood…

Horse has been consumed…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Neeeeigh.. the scream of pain when I went to do cool-down-stretches went like this:

“CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP, OH YOU FKR, CRAAAAMP!

All stretched out and sodium-tablet resolved.

I look forward to more inappropriately-biked, ridiculous climbs. Between Puke Hill, the Midlothian Loop and tonights bonanza, i’ve lost a cumulative stone in weight just dickin’ about with you lot.

Shame Crombies pies and Granny’s cake ruin it.

Northwind

Aye, really good ride tonight, good work kicking it off

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye on the weather and propose it again some time, nice to get the people who missed out tonight out.

That’s you, by the way, Mr. TBC & Mr. Menmuir.

Ta for the transportation et al “not-at-all-precious-about-the-Volvo-Ford-Northwind”.
    *Edit*

Northwind

Nooo bother. Ford btw 😉 And surprisingly post-resistant.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Yeah great work on getting that bike round tonight! Shame it was a single berm baby berm ride as that was where your bike excelled!

Good work for our comedy crashes too, 1 into a post and one on a slow climb corner but I’m not mentioning them!! Oops…

Got home and the guy wanted a test drive and to buy my can there and then, had planned to eat when I got in but was too late once crap was cleared out and car was sold 🙁

Cheers guys, especially for showing me that descent!!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

No shame, no failure.

Cars have four wheels & mirrors, who’s was worse. Ahem.

If you thought that was a comedy crash, you should’ve seen the Enduro OTB… emm…

Car sold, happy face…

Avast with wad to Ye Olde Bike Shoppe.

And so to bed. Next chapter, dusty trails.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Inners/Glentress Thursday 10th’ is closed to new replies.