Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Inners uplift for XC trail?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Hey all,

Just wondered if anyone could dvise me. I have not been out on the bike for the while and am looking to get a good day of riding in on Sunday as it may be may last day out for a bit.

Is the uplift service going to allow me to get well up the hill to ride down the XC Trail? I may not be able for the DH Stuff but I like the Red descent on the Xc and fancy getting a few run in.

So anyone done that before? How far up does it take you? Is it worth it? Any of teh DH Stuff really eay?

Cheers for any advice.

Will

Garry_Lager

Bit of a head scratcher you're setting us there Will. Get the bus up the hill to ride down the red route? It's like you've crystallised the essence of gay. A better bet would be to take the uplift and ride down the easier DH runs. There's plenty you can feel your way down, you just need to be pointed int he right direction. Alternatively, just ride the whole XC route at an easy pace – it'll be fine if you take the climb slow.

ojom
    Free Member

crystallised the essence of gay

gold.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Cheers for the support there Garry!LOL.

I would like to do the DH stuff but have been led to believe that its pretty hard-would be a waste of a day if we paid our cash and then spent hours walking down the DH stuff…..any suggestions on the easy ones?

andrewh
    Free Member

'Make or brake' is an easy DH route, wide and fast with no huge drops. Easily doable on an XC bike by a novice, think 'spooky-wood on steroids'. Take the uplift to the top of that.
    The others are also do-able on an XC bike but require a bit more confidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1_Cb2uHoIY&feature=related

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

thanks andrewh, thats really helpful.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Take the uplift and forget the push to the first (top?)DH section. Instead take the second section through the woods to make or break and then caddon bank tot he bottom.

Loads of fun to be had and

'spooky-wood on steroids'.

is what we used to say about it too!

I used to do it on an Inbred with Reba's with no problems.

Brycey
    Free Member

Will, remember you can pay-as-you-go so you don't have to commit to a full day's uplift if you want to go and brake yourself in gently. It's £5 a go, but you have to wait until the last minute to make sure everyone else that wants to be on is on.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Top half of make or brake then Jane's lane feeding into caddonbank. Nice.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

great guys, thanks very much for the info, think we have a bit of a plan now!

jedi

uplift and ride what you want!
    its all riding

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Inners uplift for XC trail?’ is closed to new replies.