Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • inners uplift approved.
  • doh
    Free Member

dunno if this has been done, just on radio scotland news that planning permission for the inners uplift has been approved the locals just need to find the £5m to build it.
    anyone want to start a whip round 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

how exciting! I’ve always said that I’m going to get myself a downhill rig when/if the uplift ever materialises. Hopefully someone can put some timescales on this so that I can plan my saving plan accordingly.

lucien

Is that the chairlift – Alps styleeee?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s chairlift style-more like wee roller coaster type thing. See here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-20671467

Northwind

Current plan is for a train thing, much cheaper than a chairlift over the relatively short distance.

Also has the side-effect of allowing me to go monorail MONORAIL MONORAIL!

AimUP have been slowly knocking down sticking points- they got a fantastic result in the local referendum too, which tbh I didn’t believe would happen, nice to be wrong. So all that’s left is to find, er, 5 million pounds or so. Though that includes infrastructure improvements not just the uplift.

Big job but it’s never been closer.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yes train/monorail is a better description than me saying it’s a roller coaster…

tpbiker
    Free Member

as long as it gets me to the top of the hill they can have a man of ‘travelling persuasion’ collecting the money and shouting’scream for speed’ through a microphone, for all I care 🙂

jordie
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘inners uplift approved.’ is closed to new replies.