Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Inners to Moffat via SUW?
  • bongofury
    Free Member

Hi

Wondered if anyone has ridden from Inners to Moffat on the SUW? Looking for some xc routes perhaps overnight with bivvy/camping option in Borders and/or D & G. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

B

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve thought of Sanquhar (train station) to my sisters in melrose with a night at St Mary’s loch, but unsure what the terrain is like. Trekster is prob the best guy to talk to.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve walked from the top end of St Marys loch to Inneleithen (and on to the 3 Brethren) a couple of times. That’s all easily bikeable.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Did about half of it last year from Inners down to the southern end of St Mary’s Loch and back. There are some really nice bits of the SUW down there that I’m goung to explore further this year when it gets a bit drier.

Trekster

Have done Moffat to top of hill above StMarys and back again. Fancy going all the way sometime, play at Inners/GT for a day and then bike back. All doable with a bit of hiking to be expected.
    It is possible to escape of the trail @ pawhope bothy via Bodesbeck descent onto the main Selkirk to Moffat Rd, cracking descent.
    A couple of pics from our last sortie above Moffat;

Trekster

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    I’ve thought of Sanquhar (train station) to my sisters in melrose with a night at St Mary’s loch, but unsure what the terrain is like. Trekster is prob the best guy to talk to

Reckon that would be a “comfortable 3day trip, might be pushing it to get farther than Moffat or at least Pawhope bothy on the first day, esp carrying camping gear.
    There are a few big hike`a bike sections eg from Sanquhar to Wanlockhead. Wanlockhead up to the radar station. At least an 1hrs hike from the Daer Res up to the top of the hill in good, dry conditions.
    I would also take the Enterkin Burn Descent as opposed to the SupW, horrendous hike`a bike from the radar station to the Dalveen Pass otherwise.
    Bothy @ brattleburn before Moffat. No idea of condition so would advise a visit beforehand.
    Day ride from Moffat sometime?

Enterkin Burn descent;

nr Brattleburn;

supafly1982
    Free Member

plenty riding down this way too (stranraer) send me an email and we’ll have a crack and see what you prefer to ride supafly1982@ yahoo. co. uk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Inners to Moffat via SUW?’ is closed to new replies.