Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Inner/liner shorts
  • hammerite
    Free Member

Ideally want ones with some protection and a chamois.

Any suggestions/recommendations? I’m usually tight so look for a bargain, but will pay if there’s an overwhelming recommendation!

reev
    Free Member

I just use a pair of Planet X Clubman bibs without pulling the shoulder straps over. Cheap as chips, too.

hammerite
    Free Member

Reev, this what I’ve been using up to now (bib shorts, not the Planet X ones). But I want something with some side padding/protection.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why would you not pull the straps over? Keeps the shorts and pad where they should be.

reev
    Free Member

Because the shorts/pad tend to stay where they are without the straps and makes things much easier if I need to take a leak.

burko73

This thread is crazy.

One bloke wears his bibs without the straps over his shoulders like some mtb punk and the other guy wears bibs but wants some ” side protection….”

hammerite
    Free Member

Wtf is crazy about wanting liner shorts with some extra protection? There seems to be plenty of liners with protection (for starters! http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/body-armour/body-armour-underwear?f=2258) I just want some recommendations!

Bib shorts underneath baggies are fine at the liner part, not to great on the protection part.

nickdavies

😆

Most won’t have padding and a chamois. Bargain is 661 sub shorts over a pair of bibs, I use Troy lees hw shorts over bibs normally. Piss out the side of your leg, easy. Liners need bibs.

New 661 stuff has both padding and chamois but expensive…

hammerite
    Free Member

Thank Nick. Doesn’t it start to get a tad warm with three layers on?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Inner/liner shorts’ is closed to new replies.