Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Innerleithen vid
  • Euro
    Free Member

Some GoPro HD stuff from last weekend's trip across the water. Hopefully in a few years, Northern Ireland will have it's very own trail centre.

Inners

whippersnapper
    Free Member

nice video – made me want to go back up there

what was the music?

toons
    Free Member

Is that the DH tracks?

Great video btw

simonralli2
    Free Member

That is an excellent video – really like the angle of the camera and that you have someone in front. Top work.

I liked the music too.

GW
    Free Member

Was that Sunday? might have seen you if it was, were you part of a group trying to clear the road gap at the bottom of the quarry around midday by any chance? me and my mate pushed up while you were there me on a Black Sunday mate on an Orange Sunday.
    next time you're there say hello/have a chat, we could have shown you some way better actual DH tracks.

Toons – No (apart from one jump) it's XC tracks (on DH bikes by the look of it)

weirdly your GoPro somehow manages to make the top of make or brake look way steeper than it is (it's usually the other way round for helmet cams)

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers fellas.

Song is 'Listen' by Urban Species.

GW, a couple of guys were trying the gap and we used it as an excuse to catch a breath – so you may well have seen us.

We mostly rode the Matador (but most of the footage is very dark), Make or Brake and a bit of Caddon Bank. A few of the guys were there before and said the other DH tracks were similar to what we have back home – so we didn't bother this time. Next time though, would love to hook up with a local and see the rest of the hills.

GW
    Free Member

give us a shout if you want. A lot of the better tracks don't all have signs etc.

toons
    Free Member

Toons – No (apart from one jump) it's XC tracks (on DH bikes by the look of it)

Really! I've ridden it once before, but can't remember that many jumps, need to head back up there.

GW
    Free Member

it's not the graded XC loop, but most of it is "make or break", a fun descent with lots of jumps but nothing like a DH track really (it neither has the gradient or the terrain).

<EDIT> it's very easy to add make or brake into the official XC route, after plora craig simply turn left at the fire road and climb back up to the junction before Plora craig, turn right and keep going until you get to the obligatory sign

Euro
    Free Member

GW – Member

give us a shout if you want. A lot of the better tracks don't all have signs etc.

Saw a few interesting bits and pieces of trails but never got the chance to explore much, so i'll take you up on that offer next time we're over. Cheers.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Nice vid.

I've never ridden at Innerleithen yet, despite living in Edinburgh!

donks
    Free Member

that looks magic…why aint I ridden there?? 😀

GavinB

That's a nice looking vid there. I like some of the angles you're filming at.

Did one myself a few months back, which was a first attempt really and needs a soundtrack.
    Tube

Vortexracing

Superb Video

Bagstard
    Free Member

Nice vid, I love Inners, had a great uplift weekend there at the begining of August. Very tempted to squeeze in another weekend there before my baby arrives in November, shame I'm about to sell my DH bike though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen vid’ is closed to new replies.