Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Innerleithen V Glentress
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Well, with a day to kill on Friday up around Peebles. After a few years absence from those parts and assuming lots of work has been done up there, what would you guys recommend for an afternoons riding? Innerleithen or Glentress??

Ta all!

Liftman

Inners

Northwind

What sort of riding are you after? The trailcentre stuff is not much changed at either really, for me it’d be GT out of those 2 just for volume and variety.

If you want to go offmap, GT gained some stuff for the enduro world series, though Secrets and Lies is officially closed now. Innerleithen has stacks of “enduro” stuff, I just use the XC trails for the climbs now but the other descending is absolutely brilliant.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Have a ‘do it all bike’…..not too sure what you call them these days, freeride, enduro, super XC…….. but game for anything, i remember GT having some great singletrack, but equally Innerleithen with its variety of downhill trails, so really up for anything!!

jonba
    Free Member

How fit are you? The red at Innerliethen is only short so you could be round in 90 minutes or less if you can climb hills.

There is more available at GT as you can mix up th red black and blue (which is really good) without having todo the full climb again.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

I think GT may have the edge in this case, Innerleithen may have to wait for my next bi yearly visit!

jonba
    Free Member

Go for the day, ride everything in one go 😉

Can’t get up there as much these days so prefer to cram in as much as possible when I do.

http://www.strava.com/activities/157675455

bigjim

I guess the decision is do you want a safe afternoon with marked trails and loops, or risk getting lost in the off piste. I far prefer Inners personally but it would take some homework for you to find the good stuff.

br
    Free Member

In a day you can do both.

Park at Inners. Lap of the Red plus ride back up and come down doing off-piste/DH stuff.

Drive to GT for lunch. Do the Red, have a coffee at the cafe then back up to Buzzards for a play and ride down.

gavstorie
    Free Member

Inners… but not normal inners….. Golf course inners 🙂

Argonaut
    Free Member

Now sitting on the campsite at Inners, as above do both. The red XC up to Minch moor followed by a great descent is all good, then Tweed valley bike path to Glentress red, a good day. Overcast and a bit chilly now and forecast is not great for later in the week, so heading to Mabie then the Lake District.
    Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen V Glentress’ is closed to new replies.