Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Innerleithen Uplift.
  • singlespeedstu

Is it normally a good mix of people on trail and DH bikes?
    Or Mainly DHers?

kendo954
    Free Member

Usually a good mix…

8 of us on the uplift in a couple of weeks, 6 trail bikes and 2 dh

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Uplifts aren’t snobbish about what bike you’re on. And if you’re riding yourself it wouldn’t make a difference in any case.

ton

good mix, good fun.
    i did it on a 456 and then on my old ventana.

singlespeedstu

Cheers all.
    I’ve done a few upifts before and had a right laugh.
    Just never at Inners.

singlespeedstu

Does anyone know if fullfacers are compulsory?

postierich
    Free Member

in your case yes to hide ya mug 🙂

bigjim

I’ve uplifted there without a full face, I think the uplift service is just that, don’t think they can have any jurisdiction over your ride back down, but I don’t know for sure

Northwind

Fullface not compulsory- people use it to uplift the other trails (it’s a rubbish way to do the xc but it’s ideal for the #enduro trails.)

Inners is great on a trailbike tbh. It’s great on a dh bike too mind. The only problem is there’s too many trails to ride in a single day.

I had my rigid carrera in the cattle truck one time, that got some funny looks.

bigjim

you might get some “gay xc rider” chat from teh cool kidz though

GavinB

You don’t need a full-face (or at least they aren’t mandatory). In fact, I don’t think there are any rules at all about wearing of helmets. It’s not a marshalled area, they just take you up to the top. If you chose to ride down the forestry tracks you could, I suppose.

Last few times I’ve been, its been about 80% DH, 20% XC/AM/Gnarcore-lite, but as above, no snobbery at all. Just go ride what you fancy.

thegman67

We ride it once a month at least and you can wear whatever you want. Loads of different bikes from ht to full downhill rigs,nobody gives a toss what you wear or ride as long as your having fun.

poah
    Free Member

not seen anyone without a FF doing the DH runs. I personally wouldn’t do the runs without a FF and pads

legend
    Free Member

poah – Member

not seen anyone without a FF doing the DH runs. I personally wouldn’t do the runs without a FF and pads

Every Enduro that’s ever been raced at Inners has used at least one DH trail, so many people have ridden them without a full-facer. There’s nothing terribly fast, steep or technical at Inners but I’d always wear a full facer on an uplift day as there’s no reason no to

gives a toss what you wear or ride as long as your having fun

yeah but we do sneer at folk that spend all day ridding Make or Brake and Caddon Bank 😉

euans2
    Free Member

We had a good mix of DH and Trail bikes at the weekend, like others have said, there was absolutely no snobbery, everyone was just having a good laugh, the old boy driving the bus was a nutter lol. As for full face, I dont recall anyone not wearing one although some wearing the new enduro/trail full face lids.

br
    Free Member

Eh? We do them at night, on HT’s – maybe that’s why you’ve not seen us 🙂

poah
    Free Member

Every Enduro that’s ever been raced at Inners has used at least one DH trail, so many people have ridden them without a full-facer. There’s nothing terribly fast, steep or technical at Inners but I’d always wear a full facer on an uplift day as there’s no reason no to

I fell last thursday in pollok park and would have hit my face (broke my collar bone too) had it not been for my met parachute – I’m not saying you cant ride it without one, I’m saying I personally wouldn’t.

Eh? We do them at night, on HT’s – maybe that’s why you’ve not seen us

I can hardly cycle in daylight tbf ha ha ha

singlespeedstu

Sneer all you want I’ll not even notice. 😆
    Though if you sneer at Mrsstu she’ll just tell you to **** off.

singlespeedstu

Well we had a great time yesterday and there was no sneering even on the twice we rode make or brake.

bigjim

loads of people do them all the time without full face, they are just trails at the end of the day, no different from any other trail that goes down a hill.

legend
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    Well we had a great time yesterday and there was no sneering even on the twice we rode make or brake.
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I knew I could sense something wrong with the world yesterday!

singlespeedstu

Shame you didn’t show up with your sneery face…

We’ve had nothing but help from all the locals we’ve spoken to.
    Been shown some great trails. 😀

poah
    Free Member

loads of people do them all the time without full face, they are just trails at the end of the day, no different from any other trail that goes down a hill.

This maybe true but I’ve never seen anyone. only giving the OP my experience. If you want to do DH trails without a FF its your choice.

anotherstan
    Free Member

do you need to book the uplift, or is it just turn up and join the back of the queue?

donkers
    Free Member

You’ll have to book via the website, though there sometimes is space but I wouldn’t bank on it.
    Interesting the comments regarding helmets, I was riding golfie yesterday then popped over in the afternoon for a single uplift (on the off chance, there was a no show so space available). Stopped off at the car on the way to swap to my ff lid. It’s a mental thing I think, cos its ‘downhill’….

singlespeedstu

On a YT?
    There was another lad that grabbed a single up lift in the morning too.

donkers
    Free Member

Aye, that was me. Sorry I’m not very talkative with people I’ve not met before. It’s a bit cosy for four in the back of the landy

singlespeedstu

No problem.
    At least you didn’t sneer at us for not being local. 😉

donkers
    Free Member

Haha, neither am I, 2hrs up the road for me (Geordie) , well worth it 🙂

poah
    Free Member

was it dry in the back of the landie. nothing worse than coming down off the hill and having to sit on someone elses soggy mud

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If Elliot’s driving its not mud you need to worry about, that boys got a helluva diet.

chickenman

Maybe lighten up about the Make or Brake comments? It’s a fact that locals consider it dull; Spooky Wood for DHers. Probably fun on a first visit though.

singlespeedstu

It was Elloit that was driving.
    Turns out one of our mates has ended up in Inners and is working alongside him.
    Chicken man has a point. I did 8 lifts due to missing a couple to mechanicals and the 2 down make or brake were easy but still fun in a trail centre kind of smooth fun way.
    Like I said we had loads of help in finding trails at the golfy,GT and the uplift was also a giggle.
    Shame some try to put people off visiting with their your not worthy attitude…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Make or brake isn’t easy, it’s a hard bloody slog! And inners has some of the fastest dh tracks around. If i was aiming to ride hard on the dh I’d always armour up, but if it was a day of running the more fun trails and one or two runs of matador/cresta etc I’d just wear the xc bunnet.

Issue at inners for me is unpredictable loose surfaces on corners. 40mph tunnel is fine, random corners on the mid speed stuff catch you unawares if it’s dry.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen Uplift.’ is closed to new replies.