Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Innerleithen experts – help required
  • mrplow
    Free Member

From the trail head what is the best route to pedal up to the top of Plora Rig on an ~6″ bike?

Was thinking up to the 1st fire road using the XC climb but not sure how best to get up to the next fire road level before going along to the push up path at the top. Is there an old XC route that leads up between the 2 fireroads on the hill?

Thanks for any help :mrgreen:

legend
    Free Member

I’d probably just use the push-up path, as the xc would probably take you quite a distance from the dh trails

ferrit
    Free Member

Have a look here:

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/7stanesglentressinnerleithen.pdf/$FILE/7stanesglentressinnerleithen.pdf

Do XC climb to marker 10
    Keep going up on track, not down marked XC route.
    Double back and up when meet DH track just above the ‘R’ of Matador on map.
    Left at fire road, past the road gap, then ride/push up the push-up track.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Push up path to first fire road is about half the distance. We walked up the push up at the enduro the other week and beat riders who we started off with, who rode up the xc track.

Northwind

Similiarly you can turn left at the top of the stell burn climb and turn up the surfaced trail just after the Matador- I’m guessing that’s a part of the old XC loop, it’s proper armoured trail with wee rocks and such- and then climb up that to the pushup, which is all rideable from there.

Pushing up is shorter and faster at times but riding up the red is more interesting.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Surely how far away a trail takes you is not as relevant as how steep/uphill it is – the red is mostly fairly steep climbing but does take you on a few wee dips?

mrplow
    Free Member

Perfect set of options there. Thank you for the help as I knew there would be a pretty direct route that could be pedalled. :mrgreen:

legend
    Free Member

Al, not if the gentle path brings you out 2 miles further away than the slightly harder one

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen experts – help required’ is closed to new replies.