Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Innerleithen enduro trails?
  • partickbateman
    Free Member

Off to ride Innerleithen on Sat and fancy exploring some of the new enduro tracks. Trouble is I have no idea where they are, and Strava isn’t turning anything up either. Can anyone point me in the right direction/give me a few pointers on how to find them? Cheers!

mrplow
    Free Member

I guess that if you follow the fireroads round and look for where the mud shoots out you will pretty much find everything on the hill. 🙂

br
    Free Member

+1 Mr Plow

Pretty hard to describe them, and unless its frosty I wouldn’t bother.

supertacky
    Free Member

They are all on Strava on both the Inners trail centre side and the golf course side.

Shhhhh

legend
    Free Member

b r – Member
    Pretty hard to describe them, and unless its frosty I wouldn’t bother.

Wouldn’t agree for all the stages. S1 from the last race is fine in all conditions. S2 only the last bit is worth looking at but still ok in all weather. S3 middle section is destroyed and not worth looking at, and I would know, I was the sweeper…

There are various others to be found of course, the best of which has now been felled 🙁

Johnbot
    Free Member

did they add any new tracks for the recent enduros or reuse the existing?

legend
    Free Member

re-used existing, although one hadn’t been raced before but has been there for years

Northwind

A wee bit of new trail was cut to link up the stages last time. There’s also other new stuff up on the hill that’s not been raced yet, not sure if it will be.

Wouldn’t say don’t bother unless it’s frosty, the alistair lees in particular rides brilliantly in the wet, top of mince baby mince too, lovely slippery roots and rocks. Classic and the bottom bit of mbm can be grim, though, and also a bit delicate. Then just throw in a random bag of downhill trails.

For strava-searching, start at the top of matador, it’s the hub of the enduro trails.

Northwind

Oh- but there’s dh racing on saturday which might cause some disruption.

chickenman

I’m going to ride some of the trails on the north side of the Tweed at Innerleithen on Saturday, leaving the Leithen Water carpark (100m up the B709) at 10.30.
    If anyone fancies coming along, I’ll see you there. You’ll need to sign the Official Secrets Act tho.. 😀
    Rick

legend
    Free Member

You mean the Caberston tracks that are all over Strava too? 😉

mactheknife

Ill be heading down on Sunday if anyone fancies meeting up. Last blast before next weekends Day/Night.

chickenman

Yeah, all those tracks were secret to stop them ending up like Secrets & Lies. It seems you can’t rely on people not to stick them on Strava and they’re pretty well ridden now so it’s fine to show a few folk round I think. Saying exactly where they are is another matter.
    There’s also a new trail only a handful of folk have been down, so no mud on that one.

legend
    Free Member

The good thing about Caberston is that many (most?) of the trails are genuinely fooking hard! I reckon quite a few folk would be put off after a look around up there, certainly will never see Secrets levels of traffic.

Mind you, given the normal way of getting to Secrets – it never stood a chance!

br
    Free Member

My first time at Caberston was at night with my bike still in full XC mode, spds and fixed/welded seatpost. Next day I cut my seat post out and fitted a QR.

There’s some really steep stuff, and then there’s stuff that you can’t even walk down 😳 But I do like Rocky.

Diane
    Free Member

But I do like Rocky

No ya don’t 😀

chickenman

There’s one particular trail that goes from the top of the hill that’s the best bit of riding in the whole Tweed Valley, IMO. Not that mental; about as hard as the Gold Run at Inners.

Spaceman
    Free Member

Caberston is the jewel in the crown of the riding in the tweed valley imo, so any good tracks in there, but do people really have to put stuff like that on Strava, too much traffic on some of them.

Saying that, the Enduro tracks are a good challenge as well, the guys building them deserve a lot of praise.

When you factor in the trail centres, Gypsy Glen, Yair and the countless other XC rides around those of us in the Tweed valley are really lucky to have this variety and amount of riding on our doorstep. 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen enduro trails?’ is closed to new replies.