Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Innerleithen Day Night Enduro, 19th November…
  • Northwind

I’m supposed to be in London that weekend but I’m swithering about calling off :mrgreen: This is another Innerleithen MTB Racing event, so should be up to the same standard as the Innerleithen Classic and winter series enduro races, except with a twist- there’s only 2 stages, but you ride them twice, once in daylight and once after nightfall.

Should be an absolute blast… Anyone else fancy it?

http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com/2011/09/innerleithen-day-night-enduro-19.html

(oh- in case of confusion, this is a proper stage enduro not an endurance xc event)

Stu661
    Free Member

Think I will give it a try after the fun of the last one.

Diane
    Free Member

Working that weekend but if Monday’s pathetic attempt was anything to go by it’s probably a good job 😀 😕

Great event though – bring your mud tyres!

Vortexracing

That sounds spot on, and it leaves a Saturday night free for getting bladdered in Peebles afterwards 🙂

I think we will have ago at that, just wondering about the potential of snow and Ice 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tempting. I loved March’s one.

Oh and LOL!:

There are two stages, these will be raced during the day, then repeated after the sun goes down. The second run will commence at 16:00.Lights are recommended.

hels
    Free Member

You could always use The Force !

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I’m hoping to do this as my first enduro event, what’s it like, any tips for a noob?

Northwind

PaulGillespie – Member

I’m hoping to do this as my first enduro event, what’s it like, any tips for a noob?

It’s ace. The routes they’ve used previously were fantastic- using bits of new trail, ancient trail, and the dh and XC trails- so some pretty challenging and very involving riding, especially once your lungs are trying to get out of your body. So you do have to be a decent rider but at the same time anyone can have a pop at it.

Tips… Mmm. I love these things but I’m not very succesful at them :mrgreen: Big tyres on a decent sized bike. All those Fives etc can earn their pay for once. Scout out the route if you can (if you know innerleithen well you’ll recognise most of the trails used). And try and pace yourself- on the longer stages I made up maybe 30 seconds by thrashing the first section then lost a minute by being dead near the end.

But mainly, just have fun, embrace the event as a cool thing in itself, the last ones had an amazing atmosphere.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind! it does sound good, really lookinng forward to it.

So, you have to ride uphill to the start of the descent and you’re given a duration to complete this in, is this right? how fast do you have to ride this bit or is it pretty relaxed? what sort of distances are these sections and how much time do you get?

How long are the timed sections roughly?

I’m just doing it for fun, but want to make sure I know the rules\strategy!

Diane
    Free Member

It’s relaxed. You need to ride up to the start of each run (2x in the daytime then the same at night) There’s plenty of time to do this in ,unlike other Enduros where you need to be at the top for a certain time, so there’s plenty of time for chat.(Although there still is a time limit so people can get home for their haggis)

Think of getting up the hill as far as the top fireroad or a little further.

Descents take minutes with the fast guys being within seconds of each other.

Hels/Northwind will give you more acurate detail.

Northwind

PaulGillespie – Member

How long are the timed sections roughly?

Don’t know, for this one… I’m guessing they might be slightly shorter as there’s 4 stages compared to previous 3, but in the past they ran around 6 minutes on average, for the fastest riders (about 9 for me). And we ended up basically riding the height of Plora Rig twice- up to the top 3 times but not always all the way back down.

Innerleithen MTB Racing don’t use the overcomplex seeding system the UK Gravity Enduro use, instead you just get told the times the stages are open, and it’s up to you to decide how fast to get there. Also means you’re deciding exactly when you leave, how long to rest, and you can leave gaps between riders etc. Much better.

debaser

hmmm, always been tempted by one of these and strangely the darkness makes it even more inviting for some reason.

Is it relaxed enough that you could one turn up with a hardtail, a few hundred lumens and shamble down as fast as you are brave enough to?

Northwind

debaser – Member

Is it relaxed enough that you could one turn up with a hardtail, a few hundred lumens and shamble down as fast as you are brave enough to?

Aye, definately. Mate of mine did the first one on his hardtail in fact,and some of the fast boys were out on XC hardtails and monstering it, meanwhile other folks were on big 6 inch full sussers and taking it slow.

Good idea at the start of the section have a quick word with the other riders around you- let them know to leave you a gap, or shuffle around to let fast guys away first, better for everyone.

No doubt Hels and Obvious Spambot Latiric will be around to officially answer questions 😉

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Sounds good, really looking forward to it.

Northwind

PS, MOAR!

Daytime:
    https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=638

Night and day:
    https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=639

And an uplifted dh race to cap it off:
    https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=640

I’ll definately be entering both enduros… Not sure about the dh race, not so much my bag, but the first two will be great I’m sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen Day Night Enduro, 19th November…’ is closed to new replies.