Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Innerleithen conditions
  • darrimc30
    Free Member

High looking to ride Innerleithan tomorrow anyone let me know the trail conditions, it’s a 2 hour drive from Newcastle so don’t want to waste a journey

ojom
    Free Member

It’s december in scotland.

Pick any of the following:
    wet, windy, icy, snowy, cold.

Any of these could apply.

Might be going there myself so wave if you see a bright green HD.

stevemtb
    Free Member

There was snow at the top of GT on Thursday, would have been at inners too. Been mild enough to melt since then but the forecast tonight could easily see snow at the top tomorrow.

Won’t be icy or deep snow though so will be completely rideable *.

* unless it isn’t….

Johnbot
    Free Member

Trying to make the same decision as you darrimc. I’ve found the forecast for peebles / inners is never as bad as it makes out it’s going to be. Apart from the few times when it is.

Liftman

Been round today, no snow but it was a bit wild at the top of Minch moor (but isn’t it always) there is a section of the climb on the xc route closed due to logging and the diversion is a push/steep climb.

The trails are in good condition considering the recent weather.

darrimc30
    Free Member

Cheers liftman how was caddon bank?

Liftman

Awesome and fast :mrgreen:

darrimc30
    Free Member

Innerleithan it is then, blue Alpine160 if anyone’s there tomorrow, cheers for the help especially liftman although I may be cursing you tomorrow on the climb

legend
    Free Member

You should be cursing him if you take Alpine down Caddon Bank 😉

Liftman

The climb never seems to get any easier but once you are at the bottom of caddon bank you will have forgotten about the climb.

darrimc30
    Free Member

Thanks to all for the advice had a great ride some snow and it was windy but well worth the trip up.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Couldn’t believe my clothes were pretty much dry with very little mud on them at the end of the ride (maybe I wasn’t trying hard enough!), great conditions but shocking lack of fitness

darrimc30
    Free Member

Aye the climb at the starts the killer my fitness is embarrassing at the minute but the only way to get fit is to get out and ride, can’t believe you can never see a soul on the trails up there and then find a loads of cars in the car park. As you said was really dry, we were the. First up the climb with virgin snow and couldn’t believe the conditions either side of the mountain

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen conditions’ is closed to new replies.