Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Innerleithen Community Service
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Is this one of the steeper trails in the area? I rode around there yesterday and did a number of trails and this was the consistently steepest one I came across. How does this compare to some of the other so called golf course trails? I’m not sure on the names if the others I tried. There was one which went across the scree mid way down the hill and the other started on top of the hill which I think went slightly north of the EWS stage 1.

Thanks to those who built these trails, they really are excellent 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Community Service is the one we tend to use as a warm up for the other Golfie trails 🙂

TBH, it’s nowhere near as good as it used to be, pretty blown out in a lot of places these days

edward2000
    Free Member

Ha, there was one which I came across unintentionally and it was a bit of a bum clencher but I guess I shouldn’t really give too much detail about it.

BoardinBob

It was the first ever trail I did there and it terrified me. With hindsight it’s pretty mellow and there is a lot of steeper and techier stuff there. The scree slope you did was probably Avalanche.

legend
    Free Member

Nah your fine to talk about it, it’s a really well know trail that one.
    I was really just being cheeky before, it’s still a steep trail but there’s others up there that really get me twitching!

The vast majority of the Golfie trails are on Strava if you’re wanting to try and track them down

bigjim

it isn’t the steepest but is a good one, it got so dry last summer that the drop off bits got blown out into giant ruts, but it is still good fun.

I don’t think there are many secrets down there with strava and the racing that has taken place there. Does take a while for a new trail to percolate through to general knowledge though.

edward2000
    Free Member

The one I was referring to was left just after the start of the recent EWS stage 1. The EWS stage looked so blown out I took a gamble and turned left. That was a bum clencher, cleared all the trail though except the last bottom drop; as I was lone riding I didn’t want to take too much of a risk.

bigjim

Not sure where you mean really, stage 1 this year was on the other side of the valley from the golfy trails like community service. Last year’s stage 1 was at the golfy and was 3G, the one to the left of that but before the start of 3G is a new one called Nae spleens and yes that is pretty testing. Have a look on strava if you are confused by the names etc, they are all there.

edward2000
    Free Member

Ha, I was referring to stage 1 here but I guess this was from 2014! http://tweedlove.com/onthehillside/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/TweedLove14_EWS2_CourseInfo.pdf

BoardinBob

That’s 3G

Northwind

Love 3G. Community Service seemed to take a beating last summer, it went all dry and crumbly. Which imo made it harder to ride too 😆

bigjim

yeah if you’ve done the one to the left of 3G then that is one of the steeper harder ones, not been down it for a few weeks but the steep section after the rock garden and drop off had a choice of a teflon coated rut of doom or rooty death when I last rode it, I chose rooty death and went for a nice lie down, at least the peat is soft 🙂 You don’t have to do the big drop line at the end, the original line goes to the left then a tight right hander down to the fire road.

edward2000
    Free Member

Bigjim that’s the one im talking about!

bigjim

If you fancy something a bit less vert then look for new wolf and feeding the pony.

edward2000
    Free Member

Much appreciated, in truthfulness I’d rather try the more tech and steeper tracks in the area though, I like the challenge. 🙂

BoardinBob

Bigjim that’s the one im talking about!

That’s Nae Spleens

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen Community Service’ is closed to new replies.