Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Inner tubes. WHY?!
  • kevtoo
    Free Member

So I'm stocking up on inner tubes. Little trip to Evans cos its near work. They have every size under the sun except, of course, the one I want. 26 x 1.5-2.2 Presta. They have it in Schraeder. They have bigger and smaller ones in Presta. Call to LBS sorted it (thankfully) but it did lead me to think- why? Is this a wierd size for Presta tubes? If so, why did my 2008 Spesh Stumpy come with these? It's not like I'm going to bore bigger holes into the rims just so I can run Schraeder… Not a complaint about Evans, as I shop there a lot and the staff at my (work) local store (London Bridge) are very helpful nice folks. Just thought it was odd.

gingerflash

Occasionally selling out of the most popular size doesn't seem that odd to me.

kevtoo
    Free Member

I got the impression from the dude in the shop that they didn't stock them (ever)! That's what I thought was odd…!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They probably stock it in two different sizes, 1.5-1.9 & 1.9-2.25, I know I used to. Easier to fit tubes in narrow tyres that way instead of trying to cram fat tubes in thin tyres.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I nearly always drill my rims to fit schrader tubes I prefer them. Infact I did one on Sunday didn't have a drill bit the right size so I dremeled it.

soobalias
    Free Member

as i only use them to wrap the chainstay i dont worry about valve type or size even.

aracer
    Free Member

I was assuming this thread was going to be questioning why anybody would use inner tubes when tubeless works so much better.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Mail order them!

cupra
    Free Member

I was assuming this thread was going to be questioning why anybody would use inner tubes when tubeless works so much better.

I like your sense of humour 😛

kevster
    Free Member

What size drill bit should be used to make schrader fit?

I_Ache
    Free Member

8.5 or 9mm I think

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Inner tubes. WHY?!’ is closed to new replies.