Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Inner Shorts
  • flyingmonkeycorps

After riding Dalby on Friday and the Peaks on Saturday, I currently have something of a sore patch on my nether regions. Closer inspection has revealed that one pair of riding inner shorts doesn’t really fit terribly well, and the other has the pad slowly detaching itself from the liner. So it would appear that an upgrade is in order.

So what (sensibly priced, please) inner shorts would you recommend?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

What’s sensibly priced?

I have ditched every pair of inner shorts i’ve owned and just used bib or decent lycra shorts

flyingmonkeycorps

Say not more than £30, but the less the better? I’ve never tried a bib, might be worth looking into

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

once bibs are on and your riding they are miles more comfortable as they hold the pad in the right place. But you won’t get much for £30. for that lycra shorts with pad would be better.

basic non-bib lycra shorts:

Craft Active
    Altura Pro-gel

sugdenr
    Free Member

I use these inners, they have been brilliant.

Shorts

flyingmonkeycorps

Cheers all. Out of interest… What kind of price are we looking at for a decent pair of bibs? I plan on riding more this year, including some road stuff, so comfort is fairly paramount.

daleftw
    Free Member

I’ve just got some DHB bib shorts off Wiggle for £40. Seem to get good reviews and I’m happy with them.

blueraven
    Free Member

I have been using THESE on my road bike for the last year, been really impressed with them for the price, Tend to use my Endura Clickfast liner when on the MTB.

messiah
    Free Member

I love bibs, there is no going back especialy for long rides, and I’ve recently discovered how good Lusso are – check out Ribble for a good price.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pp/road-track-bike/Lusso-BIB-SHORTS/LUSSZBBS

UK made 8)

kimbers

i love these swobo ones

damn hard to source in the uk though!

chakaping
    Free Member

Altura pro gel liners are very comfy.

Edit: cheaper to buy with a pair of shorts as well though.

I also have those Swobo ones and rate them about the same as the Altura.

flyingmonkeycorps

Some of those bibs do look quite good, and not TOO much… Perhaps I should treat my bum

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Inner Shorts’ is closed to new replies.