Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Innards from a Vanilla 32 fit into a Talas 32?
  • waller
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone would know……

I have a pair of Vanilla 32 RLC and a pair of Talas R that I have converted to floats. The Talas are of the 150mm travel.

Just wondering if I could take out the damper sides of each and swap them over to give me a pair of Float RLC and a pair of Vanilla R’s if that makes sense…..

Cheers!

danielgroves
    Free Member

IIRC You can convert a float/talas to a vanilla, not the other way around. Something to do with small marks left on the chassis buy the springs which results in air leaks when covering to air.

waller
    Free Member

So would that affect only the damper side as that would be the only one I would change over in this case?

Cheers for the input 🙂 I don’t want to cock up to pairs of forks 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P20

You can convert floats to vanillas. Though I think you’d have to drop to 140mm. When I asked mojo they were mystified why anyone would want to.
    I like the vanilla. There’s 3 sets in our garage
    😀

waller
    Free Member

Sweet 🙂 love my vanillas but none of my current frames are happy with that much travel but I currently lose the lockout and compression on the talas.

Be worth a go then 🙂

P20

I didn’t convert mine in the end. I bought a 2nd hand pair of van r’s swapped the rl cartridge from my existing floats to make a van rl. Both forks were 140mm

waller
    Free Member

I suppose the only problem would be that my vanillas are 140 but my talas were 150mm. I’ve since reduced them to 125mm floats and its probably the best thing I have done to my bike to be honest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Innards from a Vanilla 32 fit into a Talas 32?’ is closed to new replies.