Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • redthunder
    Free Member

11/31
    SAME Tractor Logo study.
    #inktober
    #inktober2017
    LAMY Abc, Quink, Black Felt, Wax Crayon, Red Marker.

11/31 SAME Tractor Logo study. #inktober #inktober2017 LAMY Abc, Quink, Black Felt, Wax Crayon, Red Marker. by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

stwhannah

There’s a reason I’m not the designer, but I’m having a go too:

Edit: there’s a reason I’m not the Tech people too. I’m @1fishonabike on instagram if you’re fussed enough to want a look.

Drac

Use Postimages.org Hannah.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Looks good mogrim. that four eyed Tiger makes me go cross eyed, think my brain is trying to treat it like one of those 3d magic eye pictures! Love the wasp and beetle, brilliant.

Interesting stuff Hannah, particularly liked “shy” as an interpretation

seosamh77
    Free Member

good stuff on there hannah, post up some up here, join in. 🙂 you can use http://www.imgur.com or postimages as per drac.

jimjam
    Free Member

Marv. Blood and plasters added supplemented in ps.

seosamh77
    Free Member

you’ve got that style nailed dunno why you are doubting yourself!

jimjam
    Free Member

Without wanting to get into a “woe is me” diatribe I guess I was frustrated last night by not being able to settle on or execute an idea. I initially wanted to do a white drawing on black to keep in with the Sin City aesthetic and my style (for it is just my style) really doesn’t lend itself well to that. Now I could have taken my time and refined my lines and figured out exactly where the shadows and highlights needed to fall once I’d gotten the composition down but I just couldn’t.

I haven’t so much nailed a style as become trapped by it. I can draw other ways but they require a lot more planning or forethought and I now very quickly default to a line heavy, sketchy style.

Gah. It’s all moot anyway because more drawing and more practice would obviously get me over this hump, but you know it’s like when you’ve developed a bad habbit riding the bike or something. Even though they are bad habbits you become reliant on them and they are hard to break.

ctk
    Free Member

I follow this dude on IG who is a bit handy with the ink and also draws MTBs

https://www.instagram.com/manubleon/?hl=en

seosamh77
    Free Member

Just for sheer hypocrisies sake! 😆 Could spend a lot more time fixing this up properly as there’s loads still needing done, but this is todays skive(pens and paper would be a bit too obvious)!

I’m no including this in my 31!

jimjam
    Free Member

Well I for one couldn’t care less what you use. It’s not like you’re claiming it to be something that it’s not. Well done, although your ink drawings are superior.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Just thought I’d give it a go, no done anything like that since college years ago, use it all the time though for other things, I don’t get paid to be an illustrator, my job’s much more mundane!

You know one thing that’s always really annoyed me about photoshop, why isn’t there a keyboard shortcut to rotate a brush, live, I know you can do it in the panel, but that’s clunky. Or is there and I’ve just missed it? Would come in handy if I decide to add the fine detail to that image. infact I’ll need to see if i can set a custom short cut, it’s mibbe in there.

Still much prefer seeing manual artwork though. But aye, you can take this a surrender on the photoshop point! 😉

one and only from me though, ink all the way, getting an addiction to drawing i think.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

seosamh77
    Free Member

That’s brilliant, really like that malvern. excellent.

jimjam
    Free Member

I also like that. Not sure exactly what it is, but spooky all the same. Is that zen brush?

bearnecessities

If only all forum/general internet stuff that teetered on arguments, ended up like this; an acknowledgment of differences and hat-tipping to respective talents.

Probably the fact talents are in play makes that difference 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Is that zen brush?

Yep. Zen Brush 2

Not sure exactly what it is

A solitary fat arrogant f***. Greedily warring with lumbering surety. A bloody sword in one hand, the heads of enemies in the other. A black sun in the sky. A sea of blood.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thanks for positive comments folks. Have been working this last 2.5 years with pigment, brush knives and last year began sketching ideas at night again with the iPad. It will be inked when I’ve mixed a big batch. It feels like it has to be very big!

Keep on drawing – agree this is an energising and creative thread ❗

jimjam
    Free Member

I am reminded of

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ll no post the source this time, see if anyone can guess who it is.

I’d probably get a kicking round these parts for this kinda sacrilege!

(I really believe in this having to do a couple of hundred of portraits before I get any good, this is number 3, 😆 )

No 13. the big plook on the end of his nose if very dissapointing, that was ment to be light, picked up the wrong pen!

hmm, thought that worked on here.

perchypanther
    Free Member

After reading about Adobe Sketch on this thread I’ve had a quick go at impressionist finger painting….

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m seeing some kinda pagan/tribal sacrifice in that, maybe under an eclipse or to the some kinda dark sun god. It’s really interesting I think.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m seeing some kinda pagan/tribal sacrifice in that, maybe under an eclipse or to the some kinda dark sun god. It’s really interesting I think.

That’s disappointing. It was supposed to be my puppy

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

fifeandy
    Free Member

😆
    Pretty sure sacrificing puppies in pagan rituals belongs in the unwanted thoughts thread

gauss1777
    Free Member

Jock Stein?

seosamh77
    Free Member

phew, thank god ye got that! good man! 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Jock Stein?

Don’t be silly. Who’d name a puppy Jock Stein?

gauss1777
    Free Member

Oops, didn’t see the spoiler.

jimjam
    Free Member

gauss1777 – Member

Jock Stein?

Is that Frankenstein’s Scotch cousin?

seosamh77
    Free Member

gauss1777 – Member
    Oops, didn’t see the spoiler.

just edited because ye got it!

seosamh77
    Free Member

jimjam – Member
    gauss1777 – Member
    Jock Stein?

Is that Frankenstein’s Scotch cousin?

tread carefully here! 👿 😆

redthunder
    Free Member

Is it Ronnie Pickering ? 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Back in hospital, and forgot to bring any pens/paper, so here’s my first ever attempt with a tablet and finger, using paper app as it’s an old iPad 2 and won’t run sketch book.

redthunder
    Free Member

Made a start…doubt I will finish today 🙁

Not super happy with doodlebugs. Model was a airfix model.

12/31 “Spitfire” unfinished. #redthunder by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

try that again

jimjam
    Free Member

Lots of vampires on my prompt list. Not many of them I am familiar with so …a scary vampire from my youth.

seosamh77
    Free Member

liking all those!

jimjam
    Free Member

Hellboy next I think. Never drawn him before iirc.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.