Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • jimjam
    Free Member

redthunder – Member

@jimjam

Outstanding, get you crate of beer for that one.

Thanks. I photographed the process to placate seosamh77 but the end result was the ability to see how I had overworked and over rendered the image. It started with the head because some of the versions of spawn I found were more skeletal, others were more like bondage batman. Midway through I had erase the face and start again, which caused me to have to increase the level of detail in the body……frustrating.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m placated, carry on. 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Come on Drac, it’s surprisingly cathartic to just put something out there. Today’s attempt, without copying a photo and using a ballpoint, subject matter partly to please my daughter, pink glitter accidental byproduct of having said daughter!

seosamh77
    Free Member

@jimjam

haha 😆

Drac

I warned you.

[video]https://youtu.be/3vdxVGHOB8Y[/video]

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

This is for a friend’s new baby so will also offer it up to the hashtag. Natural pigment, brush and knife. Made on Bockingford 140lb 300gsm watercolour paper. Really happy with the infinite blackness!.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with that drac, keep it up!! 🙂

Loving that malvern. good stuff.

Euro
    Free Member

Some great stuff folks!

I’ve just recently got back into painting (not so much drawing) after maybe 20 years of can’t-be-arsedness. I forgot how much i enjoy it

Dodging work again this morning

jimjam
    Free Member

Hang on a minute…what are the rules on augmented drawing surfaces?

seosamh77
    Free Member

you lost something? 😆

(suggested rule): people that can draw should avoid photoshop! 😆 )

seosamh77
    Free Member

feel I made a bit of an arse of this yin. might go back to it later.

scratch
    Free Member

Weirdly decided I wanted to draw more and started last weekend, posted on instagram to keep me motivated more than anything
    I didnt realise the inktober thing was going on until yesterday

Instagram

jimjam
    Free Member

I was thinking about doing something a bit more light hearted but the next suggestion on my prompt list is a viking comic book character called “Head Lopper”. Never drawn him before but it looks right up my alley 😈

Drac

Hive stuff scratch.

seosamh77
    Free Member

right that’ll do me for a few days, I’m aw draw’d oot!

jimjam
    Free Member

Rough sketch for this Head Lopper character. Might try to do it properly.

seosamh77
    Free Member

looking good.

jimjam
    Free Member

Thanks. Will make him more squat, and make it darker.

Drac

I’m now watching YouTube videos on drawing trying to recall from 30 years ago, some of the basics I still recall. I could never work out the seeing shapes in a object I want to draw though.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Far as i can make out it’s picking out the rough shapes and building up the basic structures firstly then you can carve your drawing around those, lets you sense the shadows and volume and perspective of an object etc before you get too detailed.

Drac

Yeah I just can’t seem to be able to think that way, use to drive the teachers mad at school.

jimjam
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Yeah I just can’t seem to be able to think that way, use to drive the teachers mad at school.

Try a different method then. Try to draw something in under 30 seconds. Don’t let your pencil touch the page for more than one second at a time. No ponderous lines, no contrived attempts to render.

Keep trying the same thing over and over. Start a new drawing each time.

Try something easy first. And you must post the results. Those are the rules.

Drac

Funny whenever I doodle that’s kind of what I do Jimjam, it probably shows in my video. Cheers for the tips.

Drac

jimjam
    Free Member

Try quick slashing broad strokes. Far broader strokes. Try an organic shape like a skull or a leaf or something. Try and convey the shape with as few strokes as possible.

Let the line start and end before and after the shape you are trying to express….if that makes sense.

Drac

Cheers. Leaves I can kind of do, now a skull might take some practice.

I broke the gif above trying to upload a better quality one. 😳

jimjam
    Free Member

Going to have to abandon this for a few hours. taking the camera for a walk.

seosamh77
    Free Member

thing is there as well drac, you’re just drawing completely freehand, which is incredibly difficult, you need to use guidelines and stuff to get more accurate. (aye I appreciate this is still wonky, just posting it so drac can see the guides 😆 )

Drac

😆

Yes I recall guides and can cheat with the iPad but just playing at the moment.

Cheers for the tips and encouragement, practice lots of is what I need.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I tried to draw a skull earlier, tis murder. I actually drew a decent one when I was at college years ago, long since lost that skill. 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

Don’t worry about guidlines, and use a reference. Try to draw this skull using less that 20 marks.

The aim is to free up your movements and get fluid.

seosamh77
    Free Member

getting there with that, jim!

jimjam
    Free Member

This is the original character…so cool.

Drac

Don’t worry about guidlines, and use a reference. Try to draw this skull using less that 20 marks.

Haha!

Well it’s pretty embarrassing.

jimjam
    Free Member

It doesn’t have to look like that.

Drac

As I was uploading it my daughter walked passed.

“Hahahaha! what’s that?” 😳

jimjam
    Free Member

Getting there. Might have been a bit too hard, try and draw a leaf in 4 strokes. If you’re not going to use pen or paper that app mentioned on page one is very good. Zen brush.

Drac

I use adobe sketch it’s pretty good but will look at Zen.

Cheers again.

holmes81
    Free Member

Thought I should post some of my efforts.

Thing that I’ve realised pretty quickly, that I don’t have the same skills now that I used to have when I was drawing everyday (around 15 years ago. Also my hand gets tired now, no stamina.

Now though being older and wiser I just enjoy it.

Looks good everyone, keep going!

Here are some of mine first one:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Z2MRsw]IMG-20171001-WA0003[/url]

One for division, took ages:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Y2jKT5]IMG-20171002-WA0002[/url]

This evenings effort whilst STC is On:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ycxmgi]2017-10-07_08-55-26[/url]

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.