Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Photo confirms giant phallus.

Euro
    Free Member

all I can see there is a bloke striding along an erect phallus!!

#Coctober? 😀

As a reward for stopping smoking i treated myself to a sketch pad and some pens – doodling is much healthier than constantly eating biscuits, right?

No idea of the official themes/prompts but drew a kind of fish

holmes81
    Free Member

Good work Euro on the artwork.

-1000000 on cOctober as I’m a bit stuck and have to resit drawing lots of peni.

seosamh77
    Free Member

loving the robotic fish and the kraken.

redthunder
    Free Member

17/31

“Redthunder”

17/31 Fountain pen, felt, pencil, wax crayon, united office fineliner, uniball pin fine line and back of fag packet.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Z8MBro]17/31 Fountain pen, felt, pencil, wax crayon, united office fineliner, uniball pin fine line and back of fag packet.[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

seosamh77
    Free Member

excellent!

jonm81

Everything on this thread is awesome. I love to see people enjoying drawing. Hope this keeps going past october.

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks Seosamh77

Fish is cool… it’s the NOT rules to use the prompts, its only a guide.

Dont go full crayon 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve not spent much time at it over the last few days, just a few scibbles trying to grasp different body positions, and pretty much just letting the pen do what it wants to do without thinking about it.

1,2,3. interesting on the 3rd yin I started introducing the concept of a line of action on a couple of them, it’s actually starting to make some kinda sense.

For that eureka moment alone, I’m calling these 3 no18! 😆

3(getting somewhere, dunno where, but somewhere 😆 it’s a concept worth exploring for another 1000 scribbles.)

redthunder
    Free Member

Hope this keeps going past october.

I hope it also continues past October as well. Mayby thread name tweak. #STWInkber #mountainink
    Mayby Perchypanther could dream up a title 😉

PA Not QSInk, bit like Quink …………. IGMC.

seosamh77
    Free Member

No 19,

Scribbly McScribblypherson! 😆

jonm81

Another ballerina. Tried to do the skirt as a flower.

Tried shading with an ink/water wash but I think I prefer it before.

Really loving seeing everyones improvements. That last lot of figure sketches are great seosmah77.

holmes81
    Free Member

Right here is my proper doodle for today:

Then all the talk above I came up with this for STW to decipher:
    (2 minutes for the stw pictonary)

stwhannah

Ooh, love the robot fish!

I’m struggling. Mysterious barely worked out, fat is pretty lame, I’m totally stumped for graceful. I can’t draw people (not even anime ones, what *is* that about?) or swans or anything that looks like a thing. Basically I can’t actually draw. Might have to go for a graceful looking line, in a move which is probably a bit too close to pretentiousness for comfort.

This was fat. It’s certainly no robot fish.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Scribbles hannah, scribble away, it’s pretty liberating! 😆 to hell with the consequences!

seosamh77
    Free Member

That last lot of figure sketches are great seosmah77.

ta, glad you see where i’m going, hopeful it’s not just a fleeting moment and it’s the start of some understanding, I’ll emphasise, the start! 😆

redthunder
    Free Member

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

I went full crayon for my higher art exam, well oil pastels, same thing more or less! 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

Your third figure drawing page is really good Seosamh. Love the fish too Marty.

seosamh77
    Free Member

grasping it i think, will start to introduce perspective slowly too i think.

Euro
    Free Member

Full crayon 😆

Great stuff lads and lasses. Love it!

So nice to have a thread that’s not littered with bickering but full of creativity, learning and expressing ourselves without words – it’s the future. Lets keep it going long after October has gone.

Marijuana withdrawal inspired weirdness…(sneaked a little bit of paint in – no idea why

Euro
    Free Member

seosamh77
    Free Member

I do agree, this thread is awesome! 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

might be in this zone for a while, expect a lot of nonsense from me! 😆

TwirlipoftheMists

Morning all. I turned the idea of ‘graceful’ over in my mind and came up with ballerinas, acrobats, etc. Then I made this:

I’ve done a bit of what seosamh77 is doing – though in pencil so it doesn’t count. None if it is fit to share. Anatomy is hard! So I cheat with ArtPose on my phone 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

Twirlip of the Mists – Member

Morning all. I turned the idea of ‘graceful’ over in my mind and came up with ballerinas, acrobats, etc. Then I made this:

That is fully awesome. What’s the judges name?

I’m doing another Judge Dredd themed piece myself at the mo 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

Mean Machine work in progress. 100% based on a photo of the character from the Stallone film.

Edit: Maybe I should have played the guess who game 😉

TwirlipoftheMists

JimJam – the judge’s name is a tricky one. I have a medical condition which means I’m unable to take anything seriously, even something I’ve spent time and energy on, so I sort of settled on ‘Whiffle’ which is something from a PG Wodehouse story (which I watched on the telly, being a bit of a slow reader). Sadly, a combination of poor planning and the tendency of ink to feather really, really badly on the paper in my sketchbook meant that I ended up writing Pfifle except with some of the letters in the wrong order and a spare one at the end that even I can’t read.

I bet that was a longer explanation than you expected 🙂

TwirlipoftheMists

Mean machine looks awesome!

jimjam
    Free Member

Thank you and yes, that was a bit of an unexpected tangent. I couldn’t read it but I was curious if it was supposed to look like an established character. Then again I can’t really remember the names of any of the female judges bar Anderson.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Liking everything over the last while, youse are upping your game. i should probably get with the programme! 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

Another work in progress pic.

jimjam
    Free Member

Decided to cut my loses and finish this. I figured it would look more interesting (and more recognisible as Mean Machine) if I flipped it so his robotic eye was in the image. I guess it looks a bit “Terminatory” but hey.

seosamh77
    Free Member

what you using to colour that jim? chalk, paint?

looking great, gone a bit too dark on the second I think you need some hightlights, just seen you post that.

jimjam
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

what you using to colour that jim? chalk, paint?

I just used to photoshop (don’t even) to wash in the skin tone and the red. Other than that it’s just how the photo looks. Cranked down the camera a bit to crush some of the blacks.

gone a bit too dark on the second I think you need some hightlights

Sure, it’s up now who cares, not like I’m getting paid by the hour 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jim was meaning before Photoshop. I think it looks far better more silvery.

jimjam
    Free Member

Gotcha. Initially rattle cans, stove paint for black and Halfords primer for the white. Then I worked into that with marker pens, charcoal and blender/white charcoal.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I hope it also continues past October as well. Mayby thread name tweak. #STWInkber #mountainink
    Mayby Perchypanther could dream up a title

I don’t normally do requests but how about …

Gnartistry – Sketchy as f*** 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆 like it perchy!

jimjam
    Free Member

Surely tradition dictates that the thread be called Illustration, painting and drawing…trackworld ❓ 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.