Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Injury forced time off bike – how did you spend your time?
  • julzm
    Free Member

Currently home bound due to dislocated and broken fib/Tib which has been pinned and plated.

Bored out of my skull. Still no weight bearing, and op was only 10 days ago. Got another 5 weeks in cast then approx 6 weeks rehab to get fully back weight bearing.

For those that have had injuries that forced time off the bike, what did you do instead? I’m off work til at least July, but normally would cycle 5 times a week as well as work.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get stoned, PS4, learn guitar,read books, install kodi on a compatible device, watch movies and TV series, listen to music, pron,

daftvader
    Free Member

Pretty much what cloud nine said, tho I didn’t need non prescription as the drugs from the hospital were enough for me!

superleggero
    Free Member

In addition to the above you can also get researching a new dream bike build and start ordering the parts for when you are well enough to start building it.

chipster

Not an injury forced lay off, but many moons ago (nearly 30 years), I got chicken pox. Bored outta my tree, only 4 channels on tv, no interweb, and living on my own (no chance of visitors with me covered in itchy spots), I got my old guitar out and relearned. It certainly passed some time on.

Or, you could have a go at learning a language.
    Best wishes, heal well.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

When I injured my back (off work for 8 months) I sold all but one of my bikes and quit cycling for about seven years. I later took up Ice Hockey, before climbing back into the saddle this year.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Seriously! How old are you again?
    “Mom, I’m bored. Mommmmm.”

muttley109
    Free Member

I cooked a lot and ate a lot. I also put on 2 stone. Don’t do what i did!

cheekyget
    Free Member

Oh mate the boredom is the killer….I was off work for 4months due to a shattered shoulder blade…hook you bike up to a turbo trainer and put your iPad in front and peddle to training vids or tv…….if you can…..good luck

jimdubleyou

Never broken a bone (cue major off in the next few weeks) but, if I’ve hurt my legs I swim. If I’ve hurt my arms / upper body, turbo.

Neither of those are any good with a broken leg though. Have a go at Warcraft or one of the other MMOs – I lost 3 months to one of those when I was unemployed.

Northwind

I’m a nerd anyway so I box setted and computer gamed the **** out.

footflaps

Upper body weights? Time to get good at Bench Press, seated shoulder press etc…

Pook

Campaigning for access. Takes your mind off things

jambalaya
    Free Member

What @footflaps said.

julzm
    Free Member

Cheers for the ideas. Cannot play video games at all, my hands seems to swipe across the room whenever I try. Been learning Italian for last couple of years so doing a bit more on that. Great weather certainly helps during the day but 12 weeks of no riding and driving has me climbing the walls. Just wondered what others did in such circumstances.

Cheers again everyone.

jpacey
    Free Member

joined a gym and did some training that didn’t involve weight bearing/putting stress through the foot. I had to get a letter from my GP before the gym would let me in though (and I had to get a lift there)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Injury forced time off bike – how did you spend your time?’ is closed to new replies.