Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Injured…. so show me your Turners
  • mattjg
    Free Member

@solarider **** me no wonder we gave it back to the Chinese

@organic getting there …

davosaurusrex

Here’s my XL 2012 Sultan (neighbour’s fence, stupid old bat) and a few from Saturday when I got Jedi’d (Nathaned to be accurate). Nothing massive but bigger then I’d have done without encouragement so excuse the photo whoring, ahem. Bugger me it was hot, thought my head was going to explode by the end!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Don’t have a Turner myself (always regret passing up on an early Burner). There are some lovely bikes on this thread but without wishing to offend anyone, I think the four bar ones are better looking than the DW ones although I imagine the later ride better.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Would anyone with first hand experience care to comment? Do the dw ride better than the hl?

coogan
    Free Member

I agree, the HL link are far better looking. The back end of the DW 5 Spot ain’t the best looking part. But I love the thing and can’t see the back end as I’m pointing it down a hill! The Czar carbon frame rear triangle looks much nicer.

Comparing them. Difficult to say as I’ve not ridden the HL for years. Both awesome climbing/descending frames. The one thing I do prefer is the DW back end is much stiffer as the pivots are all shorter and in the centre of the frame.

mattjg
    Free Member

Dave last pic your rear wheel’s not going to clear! Reverse!

organic355
    Free Member

@organic getting there …

Mattjg… What else? Think it looks ok now?. Won’t be changing the headset or seat clamp or mech or chain set. Maybe a black matt handlebar but thats about all I can afford to do.

Have seen black SID stickers on eBay and was wondering if they would be better?

mattjg
    Free Member

dood I’m no arbiter of taste, one of the reasons I prefer all black is I can’t make anything else look good.

I’d keep your hard earned in your pocket, and go ride it. Don’t buy new bars just for colouring.

(My Yelli Screamy is all black except for a red bottle cage, and logos and branding that I can’t remove. I find it rather fetching but I am odd. I even switched the silver BB for a black one that I happened to have in the spares box).

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Injured…. so show me your Turners’ is closed to new replies.