Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Injured…. so show me your Turners
  • Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hello,

I’m injured, so how about cheering me up by showing me your Turners – here’s my two: Sultan and 5-Spot. Built almost the same.

Thanks 🙂

rc200f8
    Free Member

Here are my two, an ’04 Five Spot & an ’05 Six Pack

2013-06-01 19.32.41_1 by i.mack, on Flickr

2013-06-01 19.31.06 by i.mack, on Flickr

2013-05-19 19.03.31 by i.mack, on Flickr

sefton
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickon
    Free Member

My old Flux I sold on a while ago…. bloody lovely.

andeh

Something a bit different, here’s my old Highline. Ended up selling it in the end though, it was just too tall 🙁

crofts2007
    Free Member

2009 DW medium. Took in 2011. It broke 🙁

2011 DW large. Took in 2012. Warranty replacement. 😀

organic355
    Free Member

2011 flux

mattjg
    Free Member

would like pics/thoughts on the 650b Burner please!

renton
    Free Member

My 2010 5 Spot…

As I got it………

As it looks now….

Dirty shot….

BillyBull
    Free Member

The present one

The one before that

And the one I miss

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

first one

last one

current one

spacecadett
    Free Member

Ooh, I can join in.

My Flux, just built up & not yet ridden in anger!

mattbee

My ’05 5 Spot.

coogan
    Free Member

My old one.

New one in the Alps last year. Now has new bars. And Brakes. And cranks. And still really needs a new saddle…

mattjg
    Free Member

not a Turner rider (yet) but I may become one – really like the look of the 650b Burner.

you guys love your Turners don’t you? a lot of you have had a few.

from his videos DT looks like a sound guy too, no ego, just somebody who looks like he cares about his product and his customers

organic355
    Free Member

Opinions please:

Anyone think my flux above would look better with white forks? or even with the silver SID stickers instead of the Red (which I have). Currently 100mm SIDS and fancied trying 120mm SIDS (or something else?)

The red on the SIDS does look a bit orange in the photo, but it doesnt in reality.

Would like to tone down the wheels too as the dcecals are a bit much but dont think they come off.

mattjg
    Free Member

there’s a lot going on with that bike organic, I find it pretty hard on the eye. I’d clean and simplify it as much as possible, let the frame come to the fore.

at least the frame is black, so you’re starting from the right place.

lol ‘valve’ written on the rims by the …. valve!

organic355
    Free Member

lol ‘valve’ written on the rims by the …. valve!

yeah I know, they are “American” wheels though so maybe needs to be spelled out for them 😉

may try the silver stickers on the SIDS, I can always get another set on ebay for a tenner.

Thinking I may get a plain black alloy handlebar too.

Not much i can do about the wheels I dont think. unless I get something else.

mattjg
    Free Member

silver would be better (or none)

all those different shades of red and orange in the detailing don’t help – better a different colour, or none, than a bad match. less is more.

very much liking the black frame, it’s smart.

downhilldave

Here’s mine 😀
    [/URL]]

Saddle now changed to Fizik Gobi. Love the bike,brilliant allrounder

disconoir
    Free Member

downhilldave – did you get your’s resprayed? If so where? Looks amazing BTW.

obelix
    Free Member

Beautiful bikes.

Always wanted a Santa Cruz, but since their rubbish attempt at impersonating Specialized (with their court cases against Yeti), Turner now definitely tops my list.

Their styling leans towards the industrial, somewhat like Nicolai, rather than the sculpted carbon, etc of most other boutique manufacturers.

obelix
    Free Member

Organic,

Black and red are always good together. But there’s maybe a bit too much red on the forks, if you’re going for the ‘stealth’ look. Definitely wouldn’t get white forks though, try go for plain black or silver/grey. Understated is the way…

rickon
    Free Member

Silver decals, which should be what are underneath those red ones, woud look good.

Check out the Black 5-spot at the top with white forks, that’d how your Flux would look. Awesome 😉

tops5
    Free Member

Much missed 04 spot

downhilldave

Disconoir, it’s powder coated. Triple S in Bingley did the deed. Glad you like it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I notice a few of you have gone from hl to dw.

Anyone like to compare and contrast? Or do people just feel newer is better.

I love active bikes so find it hard to imagine anything feeling better than my 6 pack.

Bunnyhop

I love my Turner Flux. Today I rode up something that has had me stumped over the last few years and then down a rocky section that normally has me scared.

boxfish
    Free Member

My hardtail doesn’t get much of a look in at the moment

organic355
    Free Member

The transformation has started.

VALVE stickers cames off, and it looks like the other wheel decals will come off with a bit of elbow grease and light scraping, should I go for the stealth black rim look?

also dug out my silver SID stickers and gonna try them on the forks this weekend, also thinking of looking for a matt black barlike the easton Haven Carbon riser might look good, anything to get something new!!

may consider getting that 1 red spoke changed too.

mattjg
    Free Member

should I go for the stealth black rim look?

yes

may consider getting that 1 red spoke changed too.

do it

use the tyre logos to indicate valve position

solarider
    Free Member

Turner Sultan 29er.

Now living in Hong Kong where this is pretty much the perfect bike. Rolls fast over undulating terrain. There isn’t much like the Peak District or the Welsh centres over here where agility and the ability to do twisty turny stuff matters. Mostly fast rolling stuff, where a 29er is perfect. Don’t get me wrong, there are hills. Oh boy are there hills! But they aren’t rock infested technical climbs, and I can’t remember the last time I saw mud so traction is never a problem. When I did last see mud, I made a 5 year old child style detour to ride through it, just for fun!

I had a 5 spot before (HL version), and despite there being several years in between the 2, and despite the rest of the bike world having moved on to other things, a Turner is still quite a classic, and timeless ride.

They have stuck with the times in terms of 44mm headtubes, integrated bb mounts, dropper post routing etc, but some things don’t change because they got it right first time. Not the lightest, not the blingest, but in my humble opinion, the best all round bikes that money can buy.

I just fitted it with a Reverb dropper post which has made things more fun on some of the steeper decents. Not sure there is now much I would change. Even the carbon wheels have proven robust.

I would have another in the blink of an eye, and think I might have settled on my ‘brand for life’ if not my bike for life. They remain small, well thought out, unique, with great customer service. The geometry is still a bit upright in the seat tube, but somehow it just works.

organic355
    Free Member

NICE ^^

Wish I was big enough for a 29er ;-(

solarider
    Free Member

It is big enough to look in proportion for a 29er, which is rare. I have seen some very small framed 29ers with downward facing stems that just look wrong.

organic355
    Free Member

Does the Sultan have holes drilled for a Stealth reverb, or have you just gone with a standard one?

I asked Greg @ Turner if I could widen the hole at the bottom of my seat tube for a stealth installation, but he said under full compression the hose would/could get crushed.

solarider
    Free Member

No, standard Reverb post, but there are guides under the top tube which make it neat. I will post a picture later when I get home.

Friday afternoon @ 4.30 here in Hong Kong, so the weekend is just half an hour away!!!!!

Weather forecast is dry (yawn!) and 38 degrees (like it has been for weeks, yawn!).

Only drawback is you have to hit the trail sat 6am before it gets too hot to function normally, and on the mainland there are Orb Spiders as big as your hand that like to build webs across the trial. I sometimes dream of single digit temperatures and dodging ramblers in the Peaks and Surrey Hills instead of f#*king great spiders and heat exhaustion!

Don’t look at this if you are not a fan of spiders. This is what a New Territories Hong Kong Orb Spider looks like….

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2009/6/3/17/those-are-golden-orb-spiders-look-what-they-grow-17273-1244064001-25.jpg

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

A few more after popping a new MountainKing 2.4 on the front and back 🙂

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

(I) think I might have settled on my ‘brand for life’

Totally agree. Even though my Spot was a bit neglected by the previous owner, it’s so easy to work on and replace parts or hone.

Plus it’s by far and away the best feeling bike I’ve ridden, I been through a Zesty, Trek EX8, Giant Reign, Ibis Mojo, Pace 405, Santa Cruz Heckler, Whyte E-120, Spark, Anthem…. loads of bikes. And the quality, engineering and feel of the Spot is epic.

Organic355 – my missus is 5’7 and that’s her Sultan in my first photo, she looks in proportion on it, and absolutely loves it. Forget any notion of it not being a quick turning bike, with a 70mm stem and 710mm bars with a low ride, and a slammed stem, it is very quick to turn, incredibly similar to my 5Spot.

It’s not as playful, which is why I wouldn’t have one, but it does make things feel easier.

organic355
    Free Member

So, swapped fork stickers and removed wheel decals

Much more subtle I think?

From this:

To this:

Still tempted to get matt black bars too??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Injured…. so show me your Turners’ is closed to new replies.