Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Injured pigeon: How long to regrow its feathers?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Its not so much giving the pill to the pigeon, its the holding the pigeon while doing it

Just clamp the pigeon tightly under your left arm (if you're right-handed) that leaves you with two free hands. Then prise the beak open, pinch the forefinger and thumb of your left hand together inside his beak to keep it opened, you now have your right-hand free to pick up the pill and pop it in.

Pills are much much easier to give to a pigeon than liquid, although injections are fairly easy too. However, try giving a pill to a screaming and spitting fully grown crow with their unbelievably strong feet and beaks – it can be a somewhat painful and rather bloody experience ! 😯

crotchrocket
    Free Member

alternatively: stamp on the skyrat's head, skin it & fry the breast meat with onions.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Thats a handy set of instructions. I will give it a try.

In my favour, even the vet had a job to control the last one! I guess its practice, as well as overcoming fear of doing more damage.

Thanks to everyone who has been helpful re this subject.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Oxford definition of vermin…

vermin

• noun treated as pl. 1 wild mammals and birds which are harmful to crops, farm animals, or game, or which carry disease.
    2 parasitic worms or insects.
    3 very unpleasant and destructive people.

looks like there may be a few cases of pot and kettle on here

crotchrocket
    Free Member

oh errrrrr, she don't know the ways of the c'untr'y.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Midnighthour – I've just tried it out (cause it was kinda of hard to visualise) and by "clamp the pigeon tightly under your left arm" I really mean clamp the pigeon tightly between your left wrist and your chest. HTH

GrahamS

looks like there may be a few cases of pot and kettle on here

Who's that aimed at then?

Personally I think ernie managed to be quite "unpleasant" when he rumbled in with random name-calling and somehow dragged his personal class-war into a thread about pigeons.

But even he managed to redeem himself by offering what sounds like some genuinely helpful advice.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You're a prat GrahamS . I gave my "genuinely helpful advice" long before Flashheart's unwarranted intrusion onto this thread.

Yeah I told the posh toff to bugger off and argue over on the threads about the Tories and public schools, if he wanted to have a pop at someone. Clearly that was a bit too challenging for him.

The truth is that he's spineless, and can't take a bit of stick – although he's quite prepared to dish it out. He thought he could come on here and it would be a nice soft target. What's the problem with me evening things out a bit ? ….. bit like hunt saboteurs, if you will.

I have nothing at all against toffs btw, my very good mate Stoner is quite prepared to dish it out, but on a level playing field.

GrahamS

*pictures ernie in a dimly lit room, papered with surveillance photos of Flasheart and "kill the toffs" scrawled in blood on the wall*

😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No GrahamS, Flashheart doesn't have to worry about that.

All he needs to worry about, is that the next time he clicks onto a thread titled "Injured pigeon: How long to regrow its feathers?" when he has no interest whatsoever in rescuing wildlife, just so he can make a comment such as :

"Sad. Poor ickle pigeon wivowt it's fevvers….ahhhhhhh…."

which is clearly designed to ridicule the OP and make her feel embarrassed and humiliated, then someone might just have a pop back at him.

Still, he's also likely to remember, that there might be at least one herbert, who will come rushing to his defence and help him to endlessly divert the thread.

GrahamS

Hmm… I don't think I've defended Flasheart at all here (other than being a little concerned for his personal safety).

You clearly has some grievance with him, since you've somehow managed to maintain a shouty red-faced vitriolic argument with him, despite the fact he only posted once and left.

You're just screaming at your shadow and to be honest, it's a little scary. 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

despite the fact he only posted once and left.

And that's how it would have been left. If you hadn't dragged it on endlessly. I made my point, and would have been happy to leave it at that.

Of course Flashheart didn't come back. I didn't expect for a minute that he would – he doesn't like standing his own ground. Good for you for doing it for him.

GrahamS

I didn't stand his ground. I stood mine!

You declared me a **** (twice) when I called you on being overly aggressive and having a big hissy fit at Mainwaring, who was simply expressing an opinion.

You somehow managed to turn a nice thread with a bit of banter into a spewing rant about class war. And then you accused me of trying to divert the thread??

I now know you for who you are. You are the mental angry drunk who is upset at his lot and determined to fight someone about something.

I should have recognised you as such and not risen to it.

So I'll take my leave of you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL @ GrahamS !

With your constant accusations, repeated over and over again, claiming that I am "angry" !

…….. why, you're starting to sound a tad hysterical mate and, dare I say it, angry ! 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Injured pigeon: How long to regrow its feathers?’ is closed to new replies.