Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Injured bird – what to do?
  • sten1
    Free Member

Take it to A&E. They won’t mind.

well that would be the talk of the nurse station for quite some time…

CountZero

but corvids and other flying vermin can be knocked on the head along with rabbits/foxes. people need to get a sense of perspective when it comes to injured wildlife.

Corvids are only vermin to those who breed thousands of birds with the specific purpose of well-heeled townies paying to blow their brains out.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Pretend it’s a member of IS & use it as target practice?

(I wouldn’t, I’d rather use a real terrorist)

martinhutch

Put it in a box and send it to Polly Morgan

Put it in a box and send it to Sally Morgan.

She won’t see that coming.

Cougar

If we’re nominating deserving Morgans, could I add a vote for Piers?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If we’re nominating deserving Morgans, could I add a vote for Piers?

You can do, but for that odious thing, a horse’s head would be more appropriate

MrSmith
    Free Member

Out of curiosity, what about an owl do you see as more worthy of saving than a pigeon? You’re clearly not viewing the situation from the perspective of the injured bird that was clearly in pain. I think that you need to re-read what you just wrote and get a ‘sense of perspective’ of how much of a prat you sound.

Barn owls 4000 breeding pairs and on the endangered list compared to 250000+ doves which are officially pests.
    And no I’m certainly not taking an anthromorphic perspective re the OP’s poor ickle bird 😥
    Not interested in your name calling but you sound misinformed and a bit naive TBH.

rsmythe
    Free Member

Tbh mate, you did ‘LOL’ at the fact that I went out of my way to save a pigeon which was quite an unpleasant thing for you to do. What kind of response did you expect? When I found the pigeon in the street I took it to get help as it appeared to be in pain. I didn’t look up how many pigeons breed each year and make a decision on its behalf over whether it should live or die. Strikes me as a strange way to value a life and again, you can’t really be empathising with the injured bird.

superfli
    Free Member

Unless fluffy and cute, I get the half moon gardening/edging tool from the shed, pace it across the neck and give it a short sharp whack down. Chuck remains in plastic bag and into bin.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Tbh mate, you did ‘LOL’ at the fact that I went out of my way to save a pigeon which was quite an unpleasant thing for you to do

You are so right, i’ll think about what i have said and how it affects others when i have some quiet time to myself for introspection..
    maybe next weekend when i am sat in a corner of a field pigeon shooting over peas/rape.

Bunnyhop

Where’s Ernie the pigeon fancier?

user-removed
    Free Member

I well remember the day I was returning my delivery van to Altens Industrial Estate after a morning of dealing with wizened, awkward storemen. There was a fair sized gathering of secretaries all clutching their chests and pointing at a badly injured seagull which was wandering around, very dazed and bleeding from its eyeballs.

Ran the fecker over. Kindest thing to do.

aracer
    Free Member

Did you pull?

bearnecessities

Well he laid a bird into the ground.

fasthaggis

Maybe it just needs some help in to the air ?

pondo

I got conflicting advice here – maybe someone should ring the RSPCA/RSPB/PSDA/ROSPA and get a definitive answer.

user-removed
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Did you pull?

Yes. To the left slightly. Just to make sure. Poor thing.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Doves are just snooty Pigeons. Still winged rats.

Usually they’re injured because they’re just stupid like all Pigeons. Let evolution take its course 😈

(though we might then be overrun with crows and magpies)

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Injured bird – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.