• This topic has 129 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by taffy.
Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Inheritance tax.
  • ransos
    Free Member

My argument is that the really rich (my definition) don’t pay this tax and you’ll never change that, so its pointless.

The super rich are pretty good at avoiding all kinds of taxes, does that render them all pointless?

chewkw
    Free Member

ransos – Member

The govt collected the tax so spend as they will but then to tax more some else already taxed income is parasitic.

No it isn’t. Inheritance is unearned income.

It has been taxed, paid for, no loan, not owing, hard earned wealth accumulated, not rob etc … so when the wealth is passed on to the love ones the govt wants to tax them again for being “unearned”?

This practice is not only parasitic but created and supported by those who have their senses overloaded by envy and hatred for wealth accumulation. A sense of unfairness because of one’s own inability to generate wealth. A system created purely to support jobworth in many forms.

Even for me with no inheritance I can see that this sort of tax is truly a form of punishment for wealth accumulation. If the rich can be rich and inherit their wealth what is there to wrong after all the richer they are the more they will spend so tax them when they spend their wealth, not because they inherited them.

This parasitic ideology is simply shackle intend to punish and outdated … 🙄

jfletch
    Free Member

This practice is not only parasitic but created and supported by those who have their senses overloaded by envy and hatred for wealth accumulation. A sense of unfairness because of one’s own inability to generate wealth. A system created purely to support jobworth in many forms.

What a thoroughly vile opinion.

A sign of a civilised and pleasant society in which to live is equality, fairness and a sense of belonging. A system as we have now, and would be exacerbated by scrapping IHT, does not foster this. A system where wealth is being generated by capital and not work robs opportunity and drives hatred and jealousy. It creates a sense of entitlement, not just in the rich to stay rich but also in the less fortunate to be given handouts. What a horrible way to live.

The ability to inherit has a useful function in ensuring offspring are able to survive if the parents die before they are able to support themselves but beyond that it is a thoroughly objectionable concept that you can be rich purely because your parents were. In this day and age where people who inherit are more and likely to be retired themselves just highlights how absurd a concept it really is.

Is income tax parasitic as well. After all the harder I work the more I pay.

As for people bemoaning that the state is taking “hard earned cash” I say I don’t care how the got it, they are dead and they don’t need it anymore. The beneficiaries certainly didn’t earn anything.

anagallis_arvensis

You have to wonder what he thinks of other taxes given that. I asked some questions a few pages ago but he ignored them and just restated his point. He’s just a troll out with his rod and has no substance to back up his tripe.

chewkw
    Free Member

jfletch – Member
    What a thoroughly vile opinion.

It is a vile opinion aiming at the vile system that pretends or hides behind the notion of fairness or equality or as they called it “civilised and pleasant society”, but in reality the system is rather cruel. It is parasitic. Simple.

Is income tax parasitic as well. After all the harder I work the more I pay.

Why do you think when Henry VIII created income tax for? To support his political stance in his time but nowadays it is to support the bureaucrats or politicians whatever … and their reasons for living. They will fight tooth and nail to get their ways.

Income tax is tax levied on your earning as you work. Inheritance tax is and additional tax levied on money already taxed from blood and sweat.

As for people bemoaning that the state is taking “hard earned cash” I say I don’t care how the got it, they are dead and they don’t need it anymore. The beneficiaries certainly didn’t earn anything.

Who are you to tell/say who can or cannot benefit from earning already taxed which then pass on to their children? Why is such the nanny state extending it’s tentacles towards already shackled life?

It is exactly this sort thinking that makes the world harder to live in … 🙄

anagallis_arvensis – Member

You have to wonder what he thinks of other taxes given that. I asked some questions a few pages ago but he ignored them and just restated his point. He’s just a troll out with his rod and has no substance to back up his tripe.

Oopps! Missed that. Where? 🙄

gonesailing
    Free Member

I can help with this if you haven’t resolved it. PM me and we can discuss.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A sign of a civilised and pleasant society in which to live is equality, fairness and a sense of belonging.

But what is equality? There is nothing intrinsically fair or moral in the idea of equality of outcome.

A system where wealth is being generated by capital and not work

Where does that happen? Capital and labour are both factors of production. They both receive factor rents – dividends and salaries. Neither are morally superior or inferior. They are what they are. I can’t see any society where people supply labour for no return and that certainly is not the case in the UK. So what is the point? The extent to which one factor earns a higher rent than the other is simply determined by the relative scarcity of that factor.

hatred and jealousy. It creates a sense of entitlement

Indeed an immoral sense of entitlement to someone’s legally earned assets simply because they have died. Weird sense of morality in that one.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If you have an elderly parent or parents with a house worth over 325K/£650k the tax laws should encourage you to go and live with them…

mudshark
    Free Member

Get them to sell up and give you the cash, also sell own place and buy a bigger place with all the money – probably best to build a Granny flat for them.

taffy
    Free Member

The thing is inheritance tax is not only paid by “old” people and the £325 k limit is pretty low especially if your unlucky enough to live in in/around london or anyplace where even a modest 2 bedroom property will push you up to or even over the threashold.

My partner has been unlucky enough to lose both her parents in the last few yars and inherit her childhood home as well as owning 85% of our home in london. Alas now she is suffering fromincurable cancer and as we are not married our son will pay alarge percentage of tax on his inheritance unnesasarily – not because we’re particularly wealthy Y would say.

Yes you can argue that by marrying we will circumvent that legally but actually getting that in place and in advance is something few people are aware they need to do untill it is too late.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Inheritance tax.’ is closed to new replies.