Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Inguinal Hernia – any self treaters?
  • BearBack
    Free Member

Anyone dealt with a ‘3rd bollock’ themselves?

Off to the physio today for advice and targeted core strengthening, but wondered if anyone here’s had any sucess avoiding surgery?

teasel
    Free Member

I was sat waiting for the op and chose to cancel after a long discussion with the surgeon. The concern for me was the ability to swing a maul in anger etc. as it stretches the abdomen. He concured.

I started some core excercises some months after and it seemed to help. A recent wrestle with some concrete slabs made it ‘crack’ again so I invested in a hernia belt which has now become part of my work clothes.

Gotta say, makes me feel slightly pukey if I focus on it when it starts to ache.

IIRC the (cancelled)op was about two years ago and only careless lifting brought it to the forefront again…

mart
    Free Member

I’ve had 4 operated on and I don’t find it a big deal. After each I’ve been snowboarding, windsurfing and biking with no issues. If the wall is breached you can’t exercise it back closed again. There will always be a chance that the protruding intestine will strangulate. I had my last one done on Dec 3rd, and I started back at the gym yesterday. This is my experience and these comments are
    offered to help you make a choice. You should of course listen to your GP who will refer you if he sees fit.

mart
    Free Member

Mine weren’t third bollock examples though. More like somebody has stuffed another one into my groin! I had a left and right done in 88, the right went again in 05 and the left has gone again this time.

BearBack
    Free Member

4? how many testicles do you have 😉

gp referred me for a surgical consult so sure will seek his advice.. at least a month away though so prefer to at least give it my best shot while I wait.
    Got a ski season ticking by and another summer of riding ahead and I turn into angry man when I can’t exercise.

jam-bo

My son had his done at an early age. Can’t even see the scar anymore it was that neat a job.

mart
    Free Member

I had bike and snowboard concerns too. You might be lucky with the surgeons timings. Allow 4 weeks before starting gentle riding and gym work, by 6 weeks you should be good to go. All the best!

samuri
    Free Member

4? how many testicles do you have

Same as every one else, 3. How many do you have? 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Inguinal Hernia – any self treaters?’ is closed to new replies.