Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • infuriated by ignorant roadies? have you ever tried this….
  • teddy
    Free Member

make a note of the club shirt the idiots were waring and registering on their website, then posting abuse.

no, neither have i.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Eddie Waring ?

sc-xc

Eddie Yeats?

westkipper
    Free Member

What did they do? teddy.
    Are you sure you're not just being resentful at people who are faster, fitter and thinner?
    C'mon lets hear it! 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

make a note of the club shirt the idiots were waring and registering on their website, then posting abuse.

😯 😯 😯
    Why?

westkipper
    Free Member

I'm suspecting this might be one of these" I was held up in the car on the way to the trail centre/ sunday shopping for all of 40 seconds" type threads
    (happy to be proved wrong though)

teddy
    Free Member

just the usual, but i had was lucky enough to get the shoulder of cold from each and everyone as they passed in turn.

vinnyeh

What alerted you to their ignorance?

aP
    Free Member

I think you should write to the Daily Mail as they might give a shit.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Is there a written rule where all people who participate in similar activities have to say hello to each other?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Dear Local Paper

bloody cyclists,blah blah, etc

Yours sincerely

Irate Reader.

(you get it a lot round my way)

vinnyeh

If they ignored you, maybe they weren't so ignorant after all… 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

just the usual, but i had was lucky enough to get the shoulder of cold from each and everyone as they passed in turn.

Anyone make any sense of this?

westkipper
    Free Member

Are you sure it wasn't "the shoulder of COOL" 8)

Kevevs
    Free Member

I don't think being pis sed off at cyclists on a cycling forum is the way to go teddy, try http://www.clarkson.cock.uk or sommat

xc-steve
    Free Member

Isn't this just roadies in general?!

jackal
    Free Member

Yeh some roadies are ignorant, but then so are some mtb'ers. Depends on the person, not what bike you ride 😉

Its all riding to me, and i love it all, from bmx to downhill to road riding…

😀

westkipper
    Free Member

Thing is though, you cannie win.
    I'll say hello to some MTBer when I'm on the road/ CX bike, and 9 times out of 10, they'll give you the "****! Its a lycra-clad jeyboy!" type blank stare.
    Maybe I should stop wearing pink?

teddy
    Free Member

me too.
    i often find the 'leader' of the chain sets the stall out for whether they will acknowledge you or not.

Gary_C

When out on my bike,I say hello to anyone else on a bike,whether it be a fellow mtb'er,roadie,family group,etc.

If they respond in kind,then all well & good.

If they just 'blank' me,then I just carry on riding,& the moment is soon forgotten.I certainly don't lose sleep over it!

Too much other stuff high up the importance scale imho.

tthew

+1 Gary_C. Life's too short eh?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I did a turn on the roadbike today – couple of hours hard riding up in the hills but a bit more urban on the way back. When I wasn't close to spewing my lunch up, I gave nods, "hi's" and jaunty waves to roadies, mtbers and so on (couldn't move for bl*dy cyclists today 🙂 ) and got it back in turn – from the lot of 'em.

There were however, a couple of times – usually when I was piling down hill, trying to avoid potholes, eyes streaming and both hands to the bars, where I wasn't able to look right, let alone wave at oncoming cyclists.

I apologise for being ignorant. It wasn't deliberate. Maybe the same applied to the guys in question?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I've come across chain gangs before who have not said hello but the way I see it is that they're all out training. The guy in front is concentrating on keeping the pace and the people behind are more focused on the wheel in front. I still say hello but if I don't get a response I won't let it bother me.
    Got a load of cheery hello's today though. Must be the weather. 😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

what? they were knackered and concentrating on their cycling & staying alive 'pon road? Ignoring YOU?

bloody cyclists, blah blah, etc

what did these ignorant basterds do? I'm gonna kill them **** if they've really pished in yer chips. basturds!

teddy
    Free Member

these lads were crawling past me, passing 12 inches away doing maybe 3 mph more…
    each one got a good morning from me, each one completely ignored the pleasantry.

too tempting to pass up as they had there gang colours on.
    bit like a van cutting you up with the works number on it….

Kevevs
    Free Member

Those b.. b.. BASTERDZ!

coogan
    Free Member

It really annoyed you that much? Jeez. Worse things in life to worry about.

Slogo
    Free Member

So why doesn't everyone on there morning commute on the train say hello then?

who cares if they say hello they probably think your a knob or something. i do after reading your stupid rant!

ill pass with a nod, hello, there's a bull in the bridleway comment. but wont loose sleep, post about it if they don't reply.

pypdjl
    Free Member

Is this some strange new definition of the word ignorant?

GavinB

Teddy – I take it you've never ridden at a velodrome then?

Kevevs
    Free Member

I've seen and met people that say good morning to everyone that passes. I dare say, they were friendly and that, but most people do give them the shoulder of cold. Speshly when they are in their gang colours.

Edric64
    Free Member

What's with this having to speak or nod at people you don't know? Bikers do it as well it's bloody annoying.For all you know you could be saying hello to an axe murderer

julianwilson
    Free Member

if it helps, this morning out on sunny Dartmoor poncing about next to/occasionally astride my big bike/full face helmet I successfully exchanged hellos and/or waves from:
    -man on xc hardtail,
    -man on proper road bike,
    -man on singlespeed road bike,
    -man on fixie roadbike, (all separate)
    -2x farmers in 2x tractors, (one 'walking' his collie as he drove)
    -volvo estate full of silvertops.

Only ones who didn't wave were pillion couple riding gingerly in high crosswind on proper fast sports bike. Perhaps they didn't want to let go, in that wind i wouldn't have!

Kevevs
    Free Member

a few axe murdering roadies crawling past, passing 12 inches away doing maybe 3 mph more. each one completely ignoring the pleasantry. In their gang colours.

now, that should be the OP! FTW!

Ed2001
    Free Member

Who **** cares if someone does or doesn't wave to you when you are out riding. Grow up you SAD **** LOSERS. You are riding a bike not looking for a date.

rOcKeTdOg

on todays ride i spoke to about 10 riders, i think 2 didn't reply, i've not thought about it since, i'm finding it a bit odd that you think it so serious you want to "abuse" fellow cyclists because they ignored you?

GavinB

Do you think the same conversations are had on the Ramblers Association forums?

Yup, lots of overly sensitive folk on here, with clearly too much time on their hands. Who gives a monkey if someone doesn't say hello to you?

If they're a decent bunch of riders, passing you at 12" (if it really was), is not really a big problem.

ourmaninthenorth

If another tossing weekend warrior MTBer gripes about not having his hand* stroked by someone on a road bike as they pass him while he puffs away along the tarmac on his over suspended "trail" bike I shall make a point of calling each of them I pass a useless c–t. I mean, it's not like most of these people can ride fast enough to catch me….

FFS

*or any other limp appendage.

JoB
    Free Member

i nod, gently raise a hand/finger or say hello at any cyclist coming the other way, or overtake or just meet, be that on road or off, but my self-esteem is sufficiently high enough that i'm not bothered if they return the greeting or not, but most of them do, because i'm quite handsome

Kevevs
    Free Member

LOL! just lolling at this thread, I love it though, it's what stw is about. Yes, I am sad, before you point it out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘infuriated by ignorant roadies? have you ever tried this….’ is closed to new replies.