Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Information on calling emergency services
  • hooli

Maybe known to some of you but worth spending a few minutes watching this for those of us who spend time outdoors and may need to call emergency services at some point in our lives.

[video]http://youtu.be/XPZv_8dABfU[/video]

D28boy
    Free Member

thanx didn’t know that ! Worth watching.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Can’t watch the video but I suspect I know what it says and someone else has written about it here:
    http://www.mountainsafety.co.uk/EP-999-or-112-Which-is-Best.aspx

The Bottom Line
    In the UK, 999 and 112 do the same thing, namely connect you to the emergency services. Neither number has priority over the other, and neither number provides location information better than the other. They are the same.

Continue using 999 in the UK and you will have no issue.

The incorrect information in the above video relates to EmergencySMS. Click here to skip down the page to that section (read to the bottom if you skip).

Ofcom issued a consultation paper in 2013 on the subject of location information, and how it could be enhanced further in the future. Within the paper there is clear reference to the fact that 999 and 112 are the same. Take a read of sections 2.3 & 2.4 of the consultation document.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigJohn

2 for 1.

Vital information AND an insomnia cure. A bit like a Kinder egg, but without the disgusting sweet.

D28boy
    Free Member

yes but can you use 999 in over 70 countries round the world ?

walla24
    Free Member

Thanks OP
    I just registered…a word of warning:
    When you text ‘register’ to 112 the reply message states to send the word ‘yes’ to 999….don’t.
    Reply to the 112 message with the word ‘yes’ to complete registration.

Not sure why the text says to reply to 999, I now have a message saying “999 recieved text but can’t send help yet. ONY REPLY IF YOU NEED HELP….”

😯

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Information on calling emergency services’ is closed to new replies.