Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Info on the One day sales advertised in the mags.
  • carlos
    Free Member

Anybody been to one of those one day sales that are advertised in some of the bike mags http://www.cycle-promotions.co.uk/index.html

There is one in Stockport on 22/11/2009 @ Priestnall recreation centre doors open @ 10:30 and wondered if it's worth the trip over for a brouse or is it all tat and older gear (04,05,06,07)is it all the same stuff but just lots and lots of it?

cheers
    Carl

BigDummy
    Free Member

Haven't been to one for a few years. They used to be entertaining for picking up cheap clothing if you aren't vain. 🙂

oldfart

Well if you like really retro gear and are an odd shape / size it's for you !Or if you need GT85 .

fbk
    Free Member

Good for spares – always good offers on tubes, GT85, track pumps and stuff.

There are often good offers on end of line stuff too – clothing especially & some forks etc. I think there's normally a selection of their current offers on the website isn't there?

You do need to get there early for the best stuff though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

get there early. components are about the same price as crc but at least you get to see it.

cheap clothing and shoes – luck with the sizes (xxxl arm warmers anyone 8O). got some bargins last time – socks, tubes, tyres, lube and a workstand.

himupstairs

i go to em, purely for the gt85 as mentioned.
    oh, tubes and questionable tyres as also mentioned.

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

My times better spent on the trails by the sound of it.

Carl

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Been to their shop a few times, pretty good if you want 'a' pair of shorts or 'a' waterproof jacket, not so good if you want a specific make, unless they happen to have it in of course!
    I've had some bargains from the shop & you don't get the daft crowds you do at their sales.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, all said above really. Papadirt picked up a bargain Altura waterproof and unbranded shock pump from the Cardiff sale a year or so ago. Good for tyres and cheapish tools too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Info on the One day sales advertised in the mags.’ is closed to new replies.