• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by womp.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Inflatable zip together tent
  • womp
    Free Member

Hi

I’m after a tent for the family, 4 of us so 2 bedrooms.

I want to try an inflatable one and wonder if anyone makes a one that zips together so I can use one half when I go away biking, my google powers have failed me on this occasion

Bimbler
    Free Member

Seems like an interesting idea with a very limited market. Glwtp.

Esme
    Free Member

Vango AirBeam plus an AirBeam Exclusive Front – is that what you’re thinking of?

epicyclo

I have a Vango Airbeam. It’s a great tent, excellent in high wind, quick to put up or down.

However mine has the doors on the sides which means when you unzip the doors after rain, the water pooled on the roof pours straight in. Make sure you get one with a door away from the angled sides. With that proviso, I’d buy another.

womp
    Free Member

Thanks, I had a look around at the weekend and I think the Vango plus a big awning is the best solution, thank you everybody

wwaswas

Maybe a bit late to the party and not sure what your budget is but have a look at Karsten tents – modular and very good quality.

womp
    Free Member

Cheers wwaswas, they look interesting but the website is a bit crappy, think ill need to find a dealer

wwaswas

We got an Esvo tent from these guys who do the Karstens in the UK too;

http://www.campingtravelstore.co.uk/karsten-inflatable-tents

(videos on that page are good)

We went to one of their display days and they were possibly the most helpful, knowledgeable and enthusiastic people I’ve ever dealt with – they made a real effort to understand what we wanted, spent a long time with us looking at various options/configurations on different tents, warned us away from a few that weren’t as suitable. Couldn’t praise them more highly.

They’re on FB too and there’s a Karsten UK group on FB they run.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I bought a Quechua one from decathlon last year.. Not sure if they are still making them. Camped in a gale last august and was amazingly rigid whilst all round the site other tents were flattened or in the hedge. It has a big domed middle section and 3-4 man stand alone tents which can be zipped on the sides of the dome.

This one
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/msh-living-room-inflatable-camping-shelter-id_8270427.html

womp
    Free Member

That decathlon one looks perfect, the only downside is they don’t make it anymore…grrrr

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Inflatable zip together tent’ is closed to new replies.