Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Inflatable bed for use at home?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Aerobed seems to be the recommended choice. Anyone tried one or anything else?

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got an Aerobed. It’s alright.

The pump thing is very good as long as you remember to charge it up.

sweepy
    Free Member

I had one of the aerobed full height kingsize beds, It was my main bed for a while and it was the most comfortable bed Ive ever had in some ways. Problems were it could feel a bit cold, and there was nowhere for the sweat to go so you had to air it thoroughly every day. A thin (2.5cm) foam topper helped with both. After a while it started to go down overnight, apparently a valve in the pump can go. Aerobed offered me a replacement but it took them a while to get back to me and i’d bought a regular bed, told them that and they refunded me without fuss.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I used a Vango DLX 7.5 (single) self inflater for a couple of years. More comfortable IMO than a regular mattress, can’t imagine the double being any less comfortable.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not sure what make ours is but its a double and came from Costco. Built in motor for inflating and I’m told it’s very comfy – used a lot for the kids sleepover.
    Can’t remember the price (over 5 years old now) but less than £100.

brakes
    Free Member

we’ve got a king size full height Aerobed with built in motor. It is the King of inflatable beds and is very comfortable, especially for one.
    Downsides are that it’s heavy and massive to store and it punctures quite easily.

Sidney
    Free Member

We’ve got an aerobed with a mains powered pump. Inflates quickly to a good firmness. Ours has punctured but that should be no problems for anyone that is on an MTB forum! (It comes with a kit I think)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Inflatable bed for use at home?’ is closed to new replies.